Hey. I am looking to get an eq pedal to alter the sound of my setup.
This is my setup at the moment:

Guitar (ESP Ltd. EC-1000 VHB) > Modded Dunlop Crybaby > Metal Muff > Delay > Amp; FX send - Noise Gate > Chromatic Tuner > Chorus > FX return

Is this a good setup for my pedals including the way I have put the pedals in the fx loop. I did a lot of research before hand and this is what I think may be best.

What I want to know is where in this setup would an eq pedal/s be best utilised and is it REALLY NECCESSARY to get an eq pedal, does it make that much difference???
I will be getting a GLX eq-100, they are Boss GE-7 copies with the added extra that they dont make as much noise. I know some people use an eq after the dist. as a boost pedal but the Metal Muff comes with a top boost switch which works very well, so using it for that would be pointless. I do quite like the sound of my setup but something is definately missing and I have heard how many people have sworn by eq pedals to be a great way to get the sounds you are looking for. I just dont want the eq pedals to make my metal muff sound too digital like a BOSS MT-2. I just sold my MT-2 for the Muff and I am not lookng back coz this thing kicks ass, it sounds so organic compared to the BOSS.

I will be changing the speaker on my VOX AD30VT to a Celestion G10 Vintage as I hear that is a good upgrade too and it is in my price range. I have already modded it once with the fx loop.

Thanks in advance, M.
i'd have the tuner as the first pedal, before the amp, and i'd move the noise gate to the last thing in the loop.

i'd also try the delay in the FX loop but it's all down to preference
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
eq before distortion. i guess
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
i'd have the tuner as the first pedal, before the amp, and i'd move the noise gate to the last thing in the loop.

i'd also try the delay in the FX loop but it's all down to preference

Surely it doesn't make any difference where the tuner is?? I wouldn't want to put it b4 the amp as it isnt true bypass and in the loop it wont affest the guitars tone. And the reason i put the noise gate before the chorus in the loop is so it doesn't cut any of the chorus effect out, if the chorus is after the gate, the gate wont affect it. as for delay in te loop, i heard this is a bad idea, i would like to put it on the loop but i remembering reading an article about how pedals like compressors and delay etc can be harmful to your amp if you put them in the delay and that they should be put last in the chain before the amp.
I would have the tuner on the floor for practical purposes (look down, step on it, tune.) I prefer the delay after the chorus.
AL
Quote by Adam Loeke
I would have the tuner on the floor for practical purposes (look down, step on it, tune.) I prefer the delay after the chorus.

All the pedals are on a pedal board so its the same look down step on it purpose for all pedals. I'll have to have a mess around as far as the delay goes tho