I've always wondered what sort of relationship guys in semi-famous heavy metal bands have with their families - perhaps not wives/children as we so often hear about but with parents/siblings?

What do you guys think? Does Glen Benton call his Mother every weekend? Does Mikael Åkerfeldt call home to check on the family dog every few days?
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster (1996, vintage white)
ESP Ltd EC-50 (2006, black)
Benton still has mommy tuck him into bed early so he can get up early for church the next morning. Chris barnes' dad beats him.
I really have no clue.

The only insight I've ever had into this is the documentaries the mainstream bands tend to release chronicling the "making of" their albums. Some Kind Of Monster and that one on that Lamb Of God DVD for example go pretty in-depth into the band's family lives.

For the more underground bands I'd imagine it's a lot different though. Most of those guys have to hold down jobs and only go on tour a couple months of the year. They could have a pretty traditional family life between gigs and such.
They're too Br00talz for family.
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
Great Brutaaaaal musicians..
But very soft for their family... unless your name is Bam Margera
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
Åkerfeldt does call home every day, although I'm not sure if he asks about their dog, if they even have one.
You shall listen to Kamelot.
I hear Mikael Akerfeldt has a pretty nice family life and kids now.
Quote by rizo299
"To: North Korea

Hey Kim DONG Il. Got nukes yet? DIDN'T THINK SO.

Here's some help with getting one built.

GOATSE.CX

Your pal Obama"

I recently went to see Cradle in Northampton, and dani-whats-his-face's family we're sitting on the balcony above us watching him on stage... It's not as if they were all having a big black metal sunday roast (that makes for some odd mental images) but it showed that there was some connection between the musician(s) and their family.

Still, heavy musicians don't have to conform to some strict doctrine (after all, their not indie) and so their relationship with their family will all depend on the individual.
Quote by adrianjunger
Åkerfeldt does call home every day, although I'm not sure if he asks about their dog, if they even have one.

he doesn't but he has a cat called the duke of york :P
(no joke either, watch the watershed dvd)
Guitars:
Jackson JS30KE Kelly
Jackson RRX10D
Fender Telecaster American Standard
Epiphone Acoustic
Amps:
Vox DA15
Marshall G80RCD
Pedals:
Boss GT-6
Boss MT-2
Gaahl has his two sisters put on his corpsepaint for him. They also do his nails. Haven't you ever noticed that Gaahl has really nice cuticles?
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by Firenze
Gaahl has his two sisters put on his corpsepaint for him. They also do his nails. Haven't you ever noticed that Gaahl has really nice cuticles?

its cuz he's a homo
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
My boyfriend met Glen Benton in an FYE in Florida a few years ago and his kids were with him...apparently Benton's (two, I think?) kids look just like him and were both wearing leather jackets. Creepy.

Edit: Ah, I just realized you said not about children...I'm betting his Mom disowned his ass though.
"Oh, it's just you." - Famous Last Words
Last edited by undead_bunny at Jan 25, 2009,
Hehe, he says on the roadrunner united video "and my mom still loves me", or something along those lines. Not sure how serious he was being though.
Up The Boro!
I'd like to start a heavy metal family with Sabine Mair.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by IKnowItsWrong
Great Brutaaaaal musicians..
But very soft for their family... unless your name is Bam Margera
QUEEEEEER
Rockin yo face off!!!
Country+Rap=Crap
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by EJD
Guitarists aren't like other men. We are awesome
Quote by lord_abyssium

Face it, Till Death Do Us Part did suck.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!