whats a good overdrive for about $50-$100. I've heard good things about the digitech bad monkey and boss super overdrive. I play rock, punk, some classic rock, and some metal. Whats a good overdrive?
TS9, Ts9 turbo or whatever the **** it's called.

Boss makes a good BLues Driver Pedal, I wouldn't recommend the DS-1. Maybe the OD-1 or the SD-1, but it's up to you. Don't go Line 6, whatever you do.
Try the Digitek Hardwire OD and the Hardwire Valve whatever pedals. I always thought Digitek sucked but these new pedal really kick ass for the money.
AL
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']TS9, Ts9 turbo or whatever the **** it's called.

Boss makes a good BLues Driver Pedal, I wouldn't recommend the DS-1. Maybe the OD-1 or the SD-1, but it's up to you. Don't go Line 6, whatever you do.

1. Tubescreamers of any form are not $50-100
2. The Ds-1 is a distortion, not an od
3. Line 6 spider amps are crappy, but they do make some decent gear, they shouldn't be ruled out straight away.

ok, my opinion, the tubescreamer is brilliant, I just got one myself, but as I said, it's outside your price range. the boss blues-driver is good, although I can't remember how much it is. I've also heard good things about the bad monkey. the ehx muff overdrive sounds pretty nice as well, although it has limited controls.
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
save yourself a lot of money and get a danelectro cool cat transparent overdrive, you could even get two for your budget!
I missed the 50-100 part. And most BOSS PEdals are like anywhere from 30 to 100 bucks. I've seen DS-1's go for as low as 33 bucks. They also had a pack they were selling a few months back, to pedals for like 60 bucks or something.
Check out the Boss OS-2. It combines the bluesy, classic rock tones of an overdrive pedal and the aggressive, metal-ish sounds of a distortion pedal, and anything inbetween.
And, for about $70, it fits your budget.
Quote by gudinge
Wasn't there a thread about this like yesterday?
Quote by ivan_2894
This guy knows what he's talking about
(Ab)using:
* Ibanez PF5 acoustic * Gibson '08 LP Classic * Schecter Damien FR *
* Marshall JCM 2k DSL401 *
* Boss OS-2 * Boss DD-7 *

Eyes on Wah & SD pups
Last edited by tickler444 at Jan 24, 2009,
if you are seriously strapped for cash, check out the digitech Bad monkey,boss Super OD or a Danelectro OD.

if you have a fair amount of cash, check out the ibanez TS9,Boss Dyna Drive , MXR GT-OD or a

if you have money to spend, check out the fulltone OCD, Analogman silver mod TS9, a Way Huge Pork Loin (CAN YOU BELEIVE THEY'RE BACK?!!? ^_^)or a Radial Tonebone Hot British.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by tickler444
Check out the Boss OS-2. It combines the bluesy, classic rock tones of an overdrive pedal and the aggressive, metal-ish sounds of a distortion pedal, and anything inbetween.

this is one of the nicest pedals ive ever played... but i play the bad monkey and its actually really good esp. for the money.
the boss is definately the worst out of all the pedals named. are you planning on using the OD as a boost?
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by sg622
the boss is definately the worst out of all the pedals named. are you planning on using the OD as a boost?

http://www.tonepad.com/getFileInfo.asp?id=81
hmmmmmm.....

I smell faux elitism.
I'm looking for a similar pedal that won't break the bank so I can push my Marshall DSL401 into modern high gain territory. So far I'm looking at:

Boss OS-2
Digitech Bad Monkey
Hardwire Overdrive CM-2

Not sure which of these would be best or what others may do the same thing.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
If you are looking in the Tube Screamer realm, don't get the TS9. It has a harsh high end that really makes your tone muddy at loud volumes.

The TS808 reissue is far better. But of course, it's more expensive ($100 - $150). Far worth it
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
the boss blues driver is really good. I have one and it's great. Even better if you mod it, which i'm gonna do soon.

but it sounds good just how it is.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
either boss blues driver ($80-90) or the ibanez ts9 (~$100)
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Quote by gnaraaron
either boss blues driver ($80-90) or the ibanez ts9 (~$100)

The TS-9 is amazing. Mine is on nearly all the time unless I'm playing with a clean sound.
Quote by Baarmy_Sheep
3. Line 6 spider amps are crappy, but they do make some decent gear, they shouldn't be ruled out straight away.

ok, my opinion, the tubescreamer is brilliant, I just got one myself, but as I said, it's outside your price range. the boss blues-driver is good, although I can't remember how much it is. I've also heard good things about the bad monkey. the ehx muff overdrive sounds pretty nice as well, although it has limited controls.

Stock TS9s are $99.99. http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-TS9-Tube-Screamer-Effects-Pedal-Original-Reissue?sku=150284&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=26018270
Everthing else I agree with.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Baarmy_Sheep

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-TS9-Tube-Screamer-Effects-Pedal-Original-Reissue?sku=150284

The TS9 is 99.99$

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-TS9-Tube-Screamer-Effects-Pedal-Original-Reissue?sku=150284
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by Baarmy_Sheep

The TS9 is 99.99$
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by tickler444

I agree with this guy.

The OS-2 works really well for punk, rock, and even metal if you crank up the drive.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
build your own overdrive.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots