So I just bought a VOX VT30 and I love how much you can do with it, but that's also the problem I am facing, because it's so complicated that I don't even know how to change from clean to distortion (and vice versa) with this thing. I've read the manual but I still don't fully understand it, because I'm a noob at this stuff. So could someone explain to me how this amp works and how I can just do the simple stuff like switching between clean and distortion?
Set up clean amp in channel 1, and set up a distorted amp in channel 2, then press from Channel 1 to Channel 2 when you want to change.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Yeah just save your settings and switch as needed (VT30 has 8 channels available for user presets). There is also a nice footswitch available for like sixty bucks so you can do this on the floor. If you go for a footswitch, do not let anyone tell you to use the older and cheaper two-button unit it will not work.

The VT has a super wide range, and it really shines in manual mode, so use the presets as a guide and tweak from there, ie find a preset you like, then turn each control watching the preset LED, it will blink OFF at the preset's setting. Then switch to manual and fine tune the sound to your liking.

I loved the sounds out of the VT30 I had, still bumming that I had a bad streak of 3 VT amps the went south within a six week period and finally said enough and traded the last one in for a Vypyr 30. Good in it's own way but not the same.

::edit:: - You can cop some settings at voxamps.com, follow the "Toneroom" link at the top of the page. Also some good stuff on valvetronix.net.
My Stuff:
Austin Strat Copy - Lefty
(New and Improved with Bill Lawrence 290/280 Pickups)
MIM Telecaster - Lefty
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
TS-9 with a few mods
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah
Last edited by SwamperGene at Jan 24, 2009,
Is this the same thing as an AD30VT ???
I was trying to look for reviews for a "VT30", but couldn't find anything on UG. I'm asking because I am looking for a 30W valve amp. Or is it some type of hybrid (tube preamp, and solid state power amp) ?
Quote by gudinge
Wasn't there a thread about this like yesterday?
Quote by ivan_2894
This guy knows what he's talking about
(Ab)using:
* Ibanez PF5 acoustic * Gibson '08 LP Classic * Schecter Damien FR *
* Marshall JCM 2k DSL401 *
* Boss OS-2 * Boss DD-7 *

Eyes on Wah & SD pups
Last edited by tickler444 at Jan 24, 2009,
Quote by tickler444
Is this the same thing as an AD30VT ???
I was trying to look for reviews for a "VT30", but couldn't find anything on UG. I'm asking because I am looking for a 30W valve amp. Or is it some type of hybrid (tube preamp, and solid state power amp) ?

The VT series are the newest versions of the Valvetronix line. Basically they are a combination of the old ADxx and ADxx-XL amps with some added features (such as a separate reverb control a way more preset storage). They use the same basic hybrid technology, a digital front end with a 12AX7 tube in the power amp section. IMO they really nail down a good tube-like sound, very warm and punchy.

My Stuff:
Austin Strat Copy - Lefty
(New and Improved with Bill Lawrence 290/280 Pickups)
MIM Telecaster - Lefty
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
TS-9 with a few mods
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah
Go to manual mode and dial in a clean sound you like. Press the channel you want and then press write. Do the same for your distortion setting. There are 2 channels per channel button so have fun saving all your sounds.