So I've been thinking of getting a first act sheena off of amazon or whatever for like $300 then modding it like crazy. I first plan to get the red one, put a black pickguard on it, then probably get a new bridge and tuners and stuff. I'll probably throw EMG's in it as opposed to the crappy little things that come stock. Think I could come out on top if I do this? Or do you think even with the new stuff, its gonna suck?
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
If you're really wanting to mess around with the electronics and hardware to get experience, sure. If you are really wanting a nice guitar, I'd aim higher. With all of that money, you could buy a sweet axe. It would be like putting Pirellis on a Kia.
AL
Quote by Adam Loeke
If you're really wanting to mess around with the electronics and hardware to get experience, sure. If you are really wanting a nice guitar, I'd aim higher. With all of that money, you could buy a sweet axe. It would be like putting Pirellis on a Kia.

Referencing cars and tires in a guitar forum. Well played, sir!!!
Don't.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
if u want to for modding experience, I'd say do it. If it's for fun, I would just save my money for a good guitar.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Here's an idea: Get a good first act (no, this isn't an oxymoron. They make guitars in the US at their Boylston st. shop in Boston that cost upwards of $1000).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Here's an idea: Get a good first act (no, this isn't an oxymoron. They make guitars in the US at their Boylston st. shop in Boston that cost upwards of $1000).

Yeah but the one I want would be like 4k =/
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.