Ok, so I have my Blues Junior, and I have about $250 to spend on pedals (this budget must also go towards the power adapters).

I mainly play blues, rock, and metal, so I already have some pedals in mind.
This is what I was thinking right now.

Ts-9DX Turbo Tubescreamer
Metal Muff
necessary power cables

I might be able to push the budget to $300, but that's about it.

So how does what I've thought up sound? If anyone has other ideas or insight please share.
Instead of buying multiple power adapters, get a OneSpot for 30 bux. In the long run it's cheaper and more efficient than having a squillion adapters.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Ok, that sounds good. Oh and would a noise suppressor be necessary? I really don't want to spend for one, but I also don't want excessive unusable feedback from my pedals.
Quote by Raijouta
Instead of buying multiple power adapters, get a OneSpot for 30 bux. In the long run it's cheaper and more efficient than having a squillion adapters.

Agreed.

And IMO, the regular TS-9 is a lot better than the Turbo.

Quote by youngapprentice
Ok, that sounds good. Oh and would a noise suppressor be necessary? I really don't want to spend for one, but I also don't want excessive unusable feedback from my pedals.

Nah, you should be able to get by alright by just using your volume knob on your guitar. Are you interested in delay, or chorus, or some other effect like that? I recommend the Carbon Copy, or DD-3 if you don't want to spend so much. As for chorus, I would say check out the EHX Small Clone.
Last edited by GNRjungle87 at Jan 24, 2009,
Better yet, look for a Keeley Tubescreamer or a Maxon OD808. Or a Fulltone OCD. Or a Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
Better yet, look for a Keeley Tubescreamer or a Maxon OD808. Or a Fulltone OCD. Or a Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde.

I really like the idea of the Keeley but it's pretty expensive.

How noticeable is the tone difference between the Keeley and the unmodded Ts-9?

and also, I'm really in the middle on whether I should get the metal muff or a ml-2. I wasn't impressed with any demos of either that I saw on youtube and I don't have the opportunity to test either. I'm hoping that I can just get a metal pedal with enough crunch and presence and then maybe use the ts9 as a solo boost or something
Like somebody else said. Definitely go with the One Spot with the daisy chain pack. The pedals that your thinking are are very good choices. This might be painful but go for tuner pedal. Just do it and get it out of the way.
AL
Look at the VS Jekyll and Hyde. It's two birds with one stone. I've met the owner (the guy on the right in the video) and he's knowledgeable, but seems a bit pompous, I guess. They make great products.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC0ALN6yobM&feature=related

That's not EQ'ed very well, but you get the point.

Oh, and the Keeley mods are quite nice. They eliminate the mid hump and give the pedal a bit more kick. I have a Keeley TS9 and I use it for a solo boost. Its great.

Keeley Mod Plus TS9: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb8eoUfHfFw
Keeley Ultra Mod DS-1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJWy7W6FBwA&feature=related
Keeley Mod MT-2: (best sounding MT-2 I've ever heard) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60wlk7VamqQ&feature=related

Don't judge me.
Last edited by theoreticmusic at Jan 24, 2009,
ok so now i'm liking the jekyll and hyde, but how heavy can it get? I'd never be gigging metal, just blues and all sorts classic to heavy rock, so maybe ill make that my only distortion/overdrive pedal and spend the rest on other stuff
The J & H can get plenty heavy for everything you want. Probably not modern metal, but everything up to it. The owner demo'd the pedal for me, and I was very impressed with its versatility.

Don't judge me.
ok sweet, so here's my updated list

V2 Jekyll and Hyde $150 US
Visual Sound One-Spot $30

I might look at delay pedals as well, but it's not a necessity at this point.

Next, what small cables are best for linking the chain? I just have two generic brand guitar cables (10 and 16ft i think) right now