im going to replace my acoustic strings, and i heard elixir strings is really reliable, is it worth the money spent?
That's not a question someone else can answer for you. They last awhile (if you don't break one), but I personally don't like the tone or the way the coating feels. I prefer Cleartones.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
They have a bright tone and they don't get very dull for a while. However it can be unsettling to see the coating peel off after a few months. I've also noticed that different acoustics like different strings...it could just be me though.
I use Elixir Nanowebs on all my acoustics. I got tired of replacing the phosphor bronze strings every month or two. I have one acoustic that is played almost every day and I usually replace the strings once a year. In fact, I last replaced them on this guitar in December 2007 and they're still good. The coating is peeling a little on the low E, but they're still nice and shiny and sound great. Either spend $5 every month or two, or $14 once a year. For me, the math (and decision) was easy.
Quote by KG6_Steven
I use Elixir Nanowebs on all my acoustics. I got tired of replacing the phosphor bronze strings every month or two. I have one acoustic that is played almost every day and I usually replace the strings once a year. In fact, I last replaced them on this guitar in December 2007 and they're still good. The coating is peeling a little on the low E, but they're still nice and shiny and sound great. Either spend $5 every month or two, or $14 once a year. For me, the math (and decision) was easy.

They don't last a year and sound as good as a fresh pair of strings. At most, I'd think that they sound fresh for 3-4 months, which is still plenty of time.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.