I've been trying to remove relief on my bass and i have reached the point that it will not tighten anymore. I think I have run out of treads. Is there anything i can do to straighten it more, or is there nothing I can do?

thanks
You may be able to save it. Do more research though. I have been able to unscrew the truss rod and take it out. Put some washers on the bolt, reinsert, and tighten. This is common luthier technique.
AL
Quote by Adam Loeke
You may be able to save it. Do more research though. I have been able to unscrew the truss rod and take it out. Put some washers on the bolt, reinsert, and tighten. This is common luthier technique.

How many washers should i use? How much space do i want them to take up?

And by "unscrew the truss rod and take it out," you mean take the nut out, correct? not the truss rod?
I am having the hardest time finding washers that are the correct size. I can't even find a washer small enough to fit in the little hole that the truss rod is in. Where do I find some washers that will work?

I could try putting .45s instead of .50s, but I like the way they sound and feel. But this high action sucks.