Anyone had an experience with them? My first guess is that they'd be crappy, just wondering if anyone's ever built one. Thanks

Link
Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AC4
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Notice there is no route cut for the floyd that should pretty much give you your answer..

so wouldn't it be flush mounted? or no?
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Notice there is no route cut for the floyd that should pretty much give you your answer..

Nooooo..... you dont necesarily need a route for a floyd rose, some people only want them to go up.

Seems pretty cool, $435 dollars seems a bit much though, good if you're starting to build guitars.
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
Quote by skinzpoison
Nooooo..... you dont necesarily need a route for a floyd rose, some people only want them to go up.

Seems pretty cool, $435 dollars seems a bit much though, good if you're starting to build guitars.

yeah, I was thinking about getting it as a first attempt, might have to check it out. thanks guys
In that case i'd get it, slap some emgs or seymour duncans in it and its badassery in wood form.
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
Im basing it on the fact that a proper tremolo for that guitar would have done it more justice and worked properly with that setup. If they were to lazy to do a proper cut for the floyd which is a waste of tremolo then what else were they lazy on. And if its a standard Also its more of a hassle then its worth, especially on a $30 licensed floyd that will be plagued with issues.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jan 24, 2009,
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Im basing it on the fact that a proper tremolo for that guitar would have done it more justice and worked properly with that setup. If they were to lazy to do a proper cut for the floyd which is a waste of tremolo then what else were they lazy on. Also its more of a hassle then its worth, especially on a $30 licensed floyd that will be plagued with issues.

But if it's top mounted, it won't have problems that normal cheap floyds have.
Quote by skinzpoison
In that case i'd get it, slap some emgs or seymour duncans in it and its badassery in wood form.

Thats what i was thinking about doing.

If you want a good kit for cheaper to teach some building, look at grizzly. http://www.grizzly.com/products/sea...s.aspx?q=guitar

I've looked at grizzly kits, they look good, only problem is i don't have the time to finish the body or neck.

Im basing it on the fact that a proper tremolo for that guitar would have done it more justice and worked properly with that setup. If they were to lazy to do a proper cut for the floyd which is a waste of tremolo then what else were they lazy on. Also its more of a hassle then its worth, especially on a $30 licensed floyd that will be plagued with issues.

Yeah, i was thinking about maybe building to get some experience and maybe going back and replacing it with an OFR, and upgrading most of the hardware. I'm not reallyconcerned about the fact that you can't pull up.
Also action plays a huge part in a guitar.... Using floyd's without a recess cut in the body will sit up extremely high on the body. So your action is pretty much perma f*cked unless they accommodated the neck angle for it. Which looking at it they did not..
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jan 24, 2009,
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Also action plays a huge part in a guitar.... Using floyd's without a recess cut in the body will sit up extremely high on the body. So your action is pretty much perma f*cked unless they accommodated the neck angle for it. Which looking at it they did not..

ah, i didn't even think about that. thanks.

Do you think i could an American strat trem on it or something?