Hey guys -

For the past year and a half, I've been playing an Ibanez RG370DX.. love it to death.

I'm not sure if I've lost a part off it. It's got a Floyd-Rose, and in the guitar manual, there seems to be a screw that is in the manual, but not on the guitar.. The Bar is very loose, if I bend over while holding the guitar the bar comes flying out (Already have lost it..). The bar also moves inside of the hole.

Is there a part missing?

Quote by N_J_B_B

My first lolstack!
i have that same guitar and it looks fine to me. my whammy bar doesnt screw in or anything like that u can just pull it right out
Quote by Atlantis2112
Hey guys -

For the past year and a half, I've been playing an Ibanez RG370DX.. love it to death.

I'm not sure if I've lost a part off it. It's got a Floyd-Rose, and in the guitar manual, there seems to be a screw that is in the manual, but not on the guitar.. The Bar is very loose, if I bend over while holding the guitar the bar comes flying out (Already have lost it..). The bar also moves inside of the hole.

Is there a part missing?

According to the instruction manual for an Edge 3 tremolo, you aren't missing anything at that area. You should be able to take the tremolo arm, put two bushings on the thing, and push it down into the arm socket until it snaps firmly into place.
Well I know that, but the casing on the hole is extremely loose. I had never noticed until I was at a festival and I reached for my whammy for Malignant Narcissism and It wasn't there
Quote by N_J_B_B

My first lolstack!
Quote by Atlantis2112
Well I know that, but the casing on the hole is extremely loose. I had never noticed until I was at a festival and I reached for my whammy for Malignant Narcissism and It wasn't there

Do you have some bushings placed on the tremolo arm?
Last edited by Xeron Brigs at Jan 24, 2009,
Quote by Atlantis2112
No.

Then that is most likely your problem: there is nothing to allow the tremolo arm to snap into the socket and stay there. Try checking out the instruction manual for the Edge III if you haven't already: http://www.ibanez.com/support/manuals.aspx (Its under Electric Guitars w/ Locking System)
Last edited by Xeron Brigs at Jan 24, 2009,
Quote by Xeron Brigs
Then that is most likely your problem: there is nothing to allow the tremolo arm to snap into the socket and stay there. Try checking out the instruction manual for the Edge III if you haven't already: http://www.ibanez.com/support/manuals.aspx (Its under Electric Guitars w/ Locking System)

the edge III trem arm doesn't have bushings on it does it?

when I got my RG the guy gave me a trem arm out of an Edge III and it didn't fit in the Edge pro. it had no bushings around it at all.

that's for the Edge III and Edge Pro II

and this is the one for the edge/edge pro.

Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
the edge pro one looks akward on the end...
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Your tremolo doesn't have any bushings. To tighten your arm torque, insert the arm and dive down the bridge. You'll be able to see a small allen screw at the side (Labeled 1), tighten that.

Ignore 2
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
GAR, thank you so much, my whammy bar flopping around annoyed the **** outta me