phail
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
horrible band.

nice guys though.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
I liked their Search Party Never Came EP a few years back. Not really a fan of them now but I don't think they're horrible.
I love Vanna, might be seeing them in February. Anyone else interested in how the new album will be with no Brandon Davis behind the kit?
They opened a show I went to once, before anyone knew who they were, but I got there late and didn't see them play. I talked to them for a bit after though and they're pretty cool guys. As far as the music goes though, they don't really stand out in any way.
Quote by jimmy388
I love Vanna, might be seeing them in February. Anyone else interested in how the new album will be with no Brandon Davis behind the kit?

Ya. They keep pushing the date back for the release of the cd.
went to their cd release show last night, they put on a hell of a show. i also picked up the new album while i was there, it is really good, much more melodic than curses but i still love it
Nothing outstanding, but definitely not bad either. I'd quite like to see them live.
They totally own.

Just finished listening to their new album "A New Hope" (hits stores this Tuesday). IMO, it's not put together as well as Curses. Like it doesn't flow well despite having some good songs, you know what I mean?

For example, some of the songs on the album (like Safe To Say, one of my faves) tend to stray towards more of a screamo/post-hardcore sound and away from the more heavy, dissonant, metalcore oriented sound of Curses. Like Curses definitely highlighted their metalcore side, no doubt about that and there are some Curses oriented songs on A New Hope. And then there are some songs (e.g. Ten Arms) that try to mix it all up.

It just doesn't all flow too well in my opinion. Curses worked much better as an album. Still some good songs though.
Quote by stedman_rh
They totally own.

Just finished listening to their new album "A New Hope" (hits stores this Tuesday). IMO, it's not put together as well as Curses. Like it doesn't flow well despite having some good songs, you know what I mean?

For example, some of the songs on the album (like Safe To Say, one of my faves) tend to stray towards more of a screamo/post-hardcore sound and away from the more heavy, dissonant, metalcore oriented sound of Curses. Like Curses definitely highlighted their metalcore side, no doubt about that and there are some Curses oriented songs on A New Hope. And then there are some songs (e.g. Ten Arms) that try to mix it all up.

It just doesn't all flow too well in my opinion. Curses worked much better as an album. Still some good songs though.

i agree with you, but i think we are nameless might be my new favorite vanna song, evan's voice is so good
Yeah that's one great thing about this album, Evan's voice isn't like way overproduced. It has a way more natural and organic feel to it.
I love these guys. They are awsome dudes, are awsome live and i love their cds. I am a very old vanna fan and i still love em.
Love these guys, so stoked to see them in November. Their catchy, the singing is really, really good and I don't know they have a certain creativity I like.
I drink your milkshake.
meh i don't like them at all. my singer knows them and stuff so i guess playing a show with them would be cool. thats all i got ha
This thread deserves an awakening.

I've been in love with The Search Party EP ever since I first heard it, but right now Country Boys...Goddamn is on repeat hahaha.
They're alright, noting special though. Few good songs on every album but I still prefer the EP to the other releases.
Quote by the bartender
^ this man knows his stuff.
Quote by atomic_llama
They're alright, noting special though. Few good songs on every album but I still prefer the EP to the other releases.

Without a doubt. I just really like a couple songs on Curses
I don't understand how this band has such a massive following in Massachusettes but is relatively unknown everywhere else. Like these guys are HUGE here. One does not simply talk trash about vanna in Mass. Like when i say i dont like alot of their stuff people give me strange looks of disgust. But they have actually grown on me alot lately since i saw them live. The crowd was insane. I still can't decide which singer i like more
@HeWent2Jared_
Quote by !jared!
I don't understand how this band has such a massive following in Massachusettes but is relatively unknown everywhere else. Like these guys are HUGE here. One does not simply talk trash about vanna in Mass. Like when i say i dont like alot of their stuff people give me strange looks of disgust. But they have actually grown on me alot lately since i saw them live. The crowd was insane. I still can't decide which singer i like more

I will literally come over there and shout in the street about how this band sucks. I don't understand how people like this bullshit.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by asator
I will literally come over there and shout in the street about how this band sucks. I don't understand how people like this bullshit.

people will probably try to fight you. No joke. But seriously i would definitely go see Vanna again if there are any good bands playing with them but i would not go out of my way to listen to them on my own or get any of their music
@HeWent2Jared_