my band is going to be playing a few gigs around local bars pretty soon but we're not sure what covers we should go with. a few of our original songs are influenced by bands like tool (structure and rhythm wise) but mostly our sound is kinda like guns and roses/radiohead. the crowds we'd be playing to are around 30s to 40s and hopefully really drunk.

so what kind of songs would they want to hear? and that would compliment our style. and bear in mind, im not playing more than a feeling or jump just to please a crowd!
Does that mean "Dont stop Believeing" is out by Journey?
Lol
I just went out and saw a friends band do a show and they are predominantly influenced by Radiohead. They didnt do any covers, though, and it was a GREAT show.
Are you adament about playing covers?
Quote by NewbyDooby
Does that mean "Dont stop Believeing" is out by Journey?
Lol
I just went out and saw a friends band do a show and they are predominantly influenced by Radiohead. They didnt do any covers, though, and it was a GREAT show.
Are you adament about playing covers?

well not particularly but these gigs are playing to locals at pubs (and we're pretty unknown -were just starting so not much of a fan base) and i heard from other people that covers should be the staple of a set. I'd rather not play many covers to be honest but the crowd wouldn't know any of our songs, or even like them!

so is it a good idea to put in a few as crowd pleasers?