I saw line6.com/customtone and it's really cool. Is it that easy just connecting my pod to computer with a USB cable and then download sounds, and they will be located in my pod? And .. where will i found my new patches? Thank you ug guys!

/Charlie
You download the patches to your computer, then put them in your gearbox "tones" folder. You can load patches by connecting your POD to your computer and then opening gearbox to move patches around.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
meh, its a bit more complicated than that. first off, download line 6 monkey, then plug the pod into the computer with USB, and when the computer asks to download software, say NO. run line 6 monkey, and its gonna tell you what software you need. download the drivers and firmware. then download line 6 edit and gearbox, then your set to download some tones i think.

EDIT: you should probably ask the line 6 forum if you want better answers
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
First of all, do what nutin said. After that, you're pretty much set to get any tones you want. I would suggest trying to make your own, or downloading some from line6.com's selection and messing with those in gearbox/line6 edit. You can also google for some tones, i've found good threads in forums that have people giving out tones of all kinds.

Really do try to customize everything to your liking, though. Messing around with the Pod's settings is pretty fun, imo.
Gear:
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Pod XT Live
Ibanez AEL20E Acoustic-Electric
keep in mind that 9/10 of the tones from customtone are terrible. you should have a much better shot at making your own. if you want to share tones with other people, find some other line 6 users who know what theyr doing, like in the line 6 tone exchange group.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Is there possible to put the customtones into the pod, or can they only be played with gearbox?
Yeah, of course you can. Once you open the tone with the pod connected up to gearbox it becomes the active patch so you can edit and save it like normal.

90% of the tones on customtone.com are all wrong just because of the wide array of amplification people use with the pod colouring the sound so just use them as a base and tweak the cabinets mics and EQ for whatever you are amplifying with.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Last edited by halikus at Jul 27, 2009,