I know this is probably a really stupid question..but whenever i'm playing with my amp and I turn on the wah, or change the mode of my ts9 (it's a dx) i hear a loud popping noise. It always happens the first time i turn them on, then i can turn them off or on how many times I like and it all sounds normal.

I don't think it's a big deal, but just in case..is this normal?
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

I get the same thing with my EHX Small Clone. I think it has something to do with the types of switches used. They weren't originally meant for audio applications and the pop is just the sound of current rushing into the circuit and then being amplified by the amp....

That's a mix of my own hypothesis and me thinking I read that somewhere.....
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
It's just your amp adjusting to the change in frequencies and whatnot. Same thing used to happen with my Wah pedal when I'd change the frequencies with the big black knob on it. I used to have an SS amp, so there ya go.
I don't think it's an SS thing..I'm using a tube amp and I can't recall having this problem with my old practice amp (could've happened though, i don't remeber..haven't really played it in ages.)

well, it's nice to know it's normal.It's just a little annoying when i'm adjusting the range on my wah and I hear a pop in ever position..

thanks a lot guys
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

I think it has to do with the caps in the pedal building up a charge and it being release when you turn the pedal on. I know you can get the same thing if you put a cap on your volume control in your guitar.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not