Quote by Wikipedia
Gigapan is a collaborative project of Google, Carnegie Mellon University and NASA Ames Intelligent Systems Division's Robotics Group. It is a robotic platform that attaches to a digital camera and some computer software. The robotic platform allows a user to take a photograph, then it will re-aim the camera with great precision, to take another photograph. After taking many photos, the software stitches all the pictures into a gigapixel image.

Basically just a massive high res picture like this

Find more here

So discuss, share your favourite or any amusing screenshots
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
It doesnt look real.

but havnt they been doing this sort of thing for years? except now its near perfect quality.

EDIT: after looking at the first example you gave i thought they were taking pictures of like a 180 degree angle. but now i realise its 100's of pictures put together like a jigsaw, is it not?
Last edited by Azwethinkwedo at Jan 24, 2009,
Quote by grifff
That photo looks photoshopped....

Quote by Azwethinkwedo
It doesnt look real.

wat
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by grifff
That photo looks photoshopped....

What do you mean?

Its basically thousands of high res pictures sewn together to make one, dont expect it to be seamless
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
I saw the inauguration one
It was awesome.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Kensai
wat

This.

Of course it does.

The butterfly doesn't if you zoom a lot but that's probably just because of the clarity
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
omg I Found Wally/waldo!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
The butterfly has a shadow when the building doesnt have a shadow, there is a coast guard helicopter flying randomly, whats up with the amount of people on the bridge but then a lack of people in the city?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by grifff
The butterfly has a shadow when the building doesnt have a shadow, there is a coast guard helicopter flying randomly, whats up with the amount of people on the bridge but then a lack of people in the city?

The butterfly looks somewhat shopped and there's alot of WTFs in the picture. Like:

Wtf is going on here?
Quote by Chrisiphone

but yeah things like these are obviously shooped in
Quote by guitarhero_764

From the inaugration:

Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by grifff

Marathon Run?
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
This.

Of course it does.

The butterfly doesn't if you zoom a lot but that's probably just because of the clarity

That butterfly freaked my out...I zoomed in on it on accident and was like I don't know why.
Quote by Kensai
The butterfly looks somewhat shopped and there's alot of WTFs in the picture. Like:

Wtf is going on here?

It's one of those amphibious tour car/boats that they drive tourists around the city in and then take them for a boat ride in the bay or something.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Quote by thefuzz454
It's one of those amphibious tour car/boats that they drive tourists around the city in and then take them for a boat ride in the bay or something.

HAHA! i think he means the guy standing on his head next to the mailbox!
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
Quote by thefuzz454

I thought it was an amphibious pimp-mobile

Quote by The*Music*Man

Both actually
where is the butterfly i cant see it?
Quote by guitarhero_764

Quote by The*Music*Man

Wow. Somehow I did not notice that
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
heres some shiz i found

MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
that butterfly on the ledge is photoshopped in, zoom right in, everything else is blurred and there's a watermark on it.
I'LL ALWAYS NEED THIS
I'LL ALWAYS NEED YOU
does anyone else see the "sniper" on one of the rooves in the inauguration photo?!
PROUD MEMBER OF THE

Ug Irish Clan - Pog mo Thoin
Pretty sure it's the Boston Marathon or something, and that pink car is one of the duckboats
Quote by Chrisiphone
omg I Found Wally/waldo!

lol i saw that too but ive been beaten to it
Is your name Mike? Do you want to be everyone's friend? Do you look similar to lots of other people? If so click here

Quote by LesPaulLeader08

Fucking win S&R!
does anyone else see that worker on the roof with his hands in the air like a retard?
love is love // return to dust
Quote by tancanada
does anyone else see that worker on the roof with his hands in the air like a retard?

MEEE, I see him