Strat std body. No tremolo, I want a straight up fixed bridge.
Routed for hardtail bridge, ferrules on the back, HSS routed.

Pearloid strat pickguard. This thing is beautiful. (top one)

Maple strat neck. I always liked the way a maple fretboard looks.

Gotoch Hardtail

5/16 black ferrules. 5/16 because warmoth pre drills to that size.

Goodsetup so far? What else do I really need (I know that I didn't include the entire electronics system.)

Most likely this will be filled with an emg set. I'm planning on making a guitar similar to Adam D from Killswitch engage with an emg 80 and two sa's.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
...you're basacally spending 600 and assembling
i would ratehr buy a blank and make it all by hand
i dont think that a hardtail and furrules will work,will it?
dont buy everything from Screwmac and Warmoth
hawk eBay
good luck
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Don't call it a build, because you aren't building ****.

It's an overpriced assembly... but I hope it turns out how you like.

Good luck man. And post real pictures of the stuff you get .

EDIT: And stop hotlinking images!
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
I don't have a woodshop guys...
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
i sure as s*** dont!

hence the reason im still router-less, but thats beside the point.

borrow, rent, use friends woodshop, etc!
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by nowa90

um, yes.. why wouldnt it? i mean the bridge cant be a top loader, but other than that.
Quote by nowa90

The ferrules are for the back.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Yeah, dude, I don't want to really put you down or anything, but... If you're going to do one form parts, at least make it kind of unique. Since you're going warmoth, maybe do their Explorer body and Jackson headstock, their WGD body and variax headstock, or if you're dead set on a Strat type body, maybe a VIP and KWS headstock? Or even better, get a paddle headstock and cut it yourself... But please, I know I speak for most people at this forum, do something unique

PS: Make sure to post pics once it actually starts happening!
Quote by tjfishrocker
Coolcat i want to make love to you right now.

Quote by Natrone

Anyone else see the irony in smashing a guitar that says "peace and love" ?

Soloist

Explorer headstock?
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
Cool by me... I mean, if you really want to do the strat that bad, go for it, don't let us stop you... But the whole point of building one is to have something special, right? Whatever you do, I'm sure you'll get at least some support, from me and other members, because even just making one form prebuilt parts is cooler than just plain buying one
Quote by tjfishrocker

Quote by Natrone

changethe title to planing my first assembly

and +1 on the soloist/explorer headstock but it already routed out for a FR
:idk:
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
just dont let anyone change your mind on the build. its gonna be your guitar. i personally like the fender headstocks over the one you posted. but its yours, do what you want to look at and play every day.
Quote by Øttər
Don't call it a build, because you aren't building ****.

just like building a car its not building unless your melting metal and making panels, same with computer and legos .... haha dint make scene heh

if we are going to follow that line of reasoning, then its not a build cause he wont make the bridge, pickups, strings or tuners from scratch

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal
I would not judge build vs. assembly on what actions take place, but rather, what skills are required.

It takes more skill to "assemble" the thousands of parts in a car than it takes to "build" the body and neck of a guitar.

However, it takes the skills of tightening screws to put a warmoth guitar together... soo, yeah.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
While I agree with Otter that this isn't quite a build, I think it's perfectly acceptable if it's his first "build", since it's a good way for him to get his feet wet in building... At elast it's hard to screw up an assembly guitar, right?
Quote by tjfishrocker

Quote by Natrone

Quote by Nagashiro
just like building a car its not building unless your melting metal and making panels, same with computer and legos .... haha dint make scene heh

if we are going to follow that line of reasoning, then its not a build cause he wont make the bridge, pickups, strings or tuners from scratch

simply put, STFU amd GTFO

here on UG, a build is a build if:
a) your make the body, consisting of
1.cutting body
2. routing body.
3. any other necessary work

b.) make the neck,
1. shaping
2.fretting
3. and other work
*fretboard doesn't have to be slotted however, pre slotted is widely accepted.

^The rules of GB&C builds^

and go ahead, tell me I'm wrong. It's simple, i got the regulars of GB&C on my side, and plus, arguing over the internet is stupid. It's like winning the special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded

/pwned
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
BOBBEH FTW!! YEAHS!

Anyway, I agree this is perfectly acceptable way to make a guitar, my first 3 projects were assemblies or mods.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Quote by bandit1200s
^ Every guy can do that/

QFT, unless you're old.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
^ Man I was just gonna edit to say that!

Hey by the way, Im new here but interested in getting into building. I am gonna start buying tools and will need some help with what to do now and then. So, I hope you all will welcome me.

I promise to use the searchbar!
Quote by metalwarrior40
simply put, STFU amd GTFO

here on UG, a build is a build if:
a) your make the body, consisting of
1.cutting body
2. routing body.
3. any other necessary work

b.) make the neck,
1. shaping
2.fretting
3. and other work
*fretboard doesn't have to be slotted however, pre slotted is widely accepted.

^The rules of GB&C builds^

and go ahead, tell me I'm wrong. It's simple, i got the regulars of GB&C on my side, and plus, arguing over the internet is stupid. It's like winning the special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded

/pwned

So basically I should just **** off and stop trying?
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
Wow. You just got raped in your own thread.

Seriously though, everyone starts somewhere. I'd say spending $600+ on brand new parts is probably not the best place to start but it's a start none the less. I don't see why everyone is being so negative if this guy is actually going to go out of his way to learn something. Like how to wire EMG's?? I don't know. The finer points of strat setups I guess.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

I suggest not screwing with the UGer with the best name on the site.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
I don't see how prostitution is going to help out your string buzz...
Quote by sesstreets

No not at all what we are telling you. ( We as in some of the GB&C regulars) we just wanted to state that we hate the term build when someone is assembling and not building! Partscaster 100% fail in this forum if posted as a "build". The reason I personally hate Partscasters is they lack individualityness and be-little the good work of a Luthier/or builder dose. I mean hell for 600bucks LPaddict could probly build you a custom give or take 100-200 bucks. To me its like the idea of why go to a studio to record music and pay $400 for a days sesh when you can buy a studio recorder for $250 or $300 and do it yourself. Never say you can't do something.
Thats what "partscasters" tell us (being the GB&C) is that you think you lack the skill or talent to build something with your own hands cause thats never true.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Quote by sesstreets

Like the other two guys said, no. I all i was saying was the difference between a build, and merely assembling parts. Is this a good idea? If you have no idea what your doing, and you eventually want to make your own guitar, this is a great thing to do.I wish you the best of luck with this, and i hope you eventually make a real guitar from scratch.

Also, TS, what finish are you going to put on this?
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
I'd say go for it, it's not anyone's choice but you're own on how you go about making you're guitar, yes you will just be screwing in screw's and stringing it etc but atleast it'll be something you've put together yourself and if you really like the process you can always take the next step and start to make the body, neck and even the pick ups yourself.

Dont listen to peopel who say you're not building it so get out, they're right, you're not building it, but that doesnt really matter, at the end of the day you want to put together a guitar which will be you're guitar and it doesnt matter if it's a strat or a custom guitar, after all most people on here have signature guitar's from big companies, just for the fact that they are a signature model... It doesnt matter if it's a custom model, aslong as you like it at the end of the day.

If you still go through with it, post some picture's and sound clips once you're done
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Quote by dorklord101
can someone tell me how to get pics off of a web site and put them into the forum need help

How does this have anything to do with a guitar assembly? At all?

What the **** man?

Ok, just cause I'm nice...

You can be an asshole and right click the image, select "view image", then paste the URL into a post and wrap (Invalid img) around it like that. That is called hotlinking, and since it steals the hosting site's bandwidth, it's a dick move. Don't do it.

There is a special section of hell reserved for rapists, warlords, those who drive to slow in the left lane, and hotlinkers.

The right way to do it is to save the image on an image hosting website, like Photobucket, and then posting it here.

Got it?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo