I got a Peavey Tour 700 head for christmas and Im currently running it through a Peavey 115 TVX EX.
Im lookin to get a new cab that will just generally be better, Cos the one im runnin through at the moment is abit weak.
Right so I havent really got a set budget but Im not lookin to spend over a grand.
Ive been lookin at Warwick cabs, played through a couple and liked what I got from them.
I dont want a 1X15 either.
I would prefer a 6x10.
So what you guys think?
Why don't you have a look at the matching Peavey Tour cabinets? I've heard good things about them.

Edit: Sorry for the mini hijack, but how do you find the Tour heads? I've been interested in getting one.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Last edited by fleajr_1412 at Jan 24, 2009,
Quote by fleajr_1412
Why don't you have a look at the matching Peavey Tour cabinets? I've heard good things about them.

I agree, Peavey has some great sounding cabs.
Quote by rockonth
Why don't they just send 4chan to Iraq if they're so good at these so called "raids"?

Quote by entity0009
I once got hit by a flying wig. Either it was a wig or someone was headbanging far too hard.
Quote by fleajr_1412

Edit: Sorry for the mini hijack, but how do you find the Tour heads? I've been interested in getting one.

Its fantastic.
That Graphic EQ was just what I was looking for and its really versatile.
I would recommend it.
A warwick 6x10 will have lots of low end and punch, theres also the ampeg 6x10, they both have horns unlike alot of 8x10's. The peavey 4x10 has lots of low end so maybe 2 of those.

So you l;ike your head, when i tried one i only got a very boomy sound, which i didnt like, maybe yours is better.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
A warwick 6x10 will have lots of low end and punch, theres also the ampeg 6x10, they both have horns unlike alot of 8x10's. The peavey 4x10 has lots of low end so maybe 2 of those.

So you l;ike your head, when i tried one i only got a very boomy sound, which i didnt like, maybe yours is better.

Mines real crisp.
The Octaver function may of been switched on when you used it.
I hardly ever use it.

EDIT:
sloasdaylight - I havent really got a set budget, I dont wana go over a grand though. (£1000)
Last edited by 6stringbasshred at Jan 24, 2009,
I dont know ill have to try it again.

Do you want a big cab, lots of punch, a bitch to move but well worth. If you really wanted lots of punch, you could run 4 8ohm cabs of that head.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I think I only really want just the one cab.
I cant find anywhere that stocks the peavey tour cabs though!
Get you local music shop to order some in.
Well peavey make a 8x10 but its really heavey, so do ampeg etc. But really i would be mpore inclined to go for a 6x10 with a horn. Warwick makes a fairly cheap good one, it has alot of botom end aswell, maybe more than the ampeg. I cant really think of any more.
But yet what sound are you after, theres 2x15, 4x12, 4x10 with a 1x15 in a cab, and more.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Well, you peavey can run too 2 ohms cant it, so you could get 2 peavey tvx 4x10's. But i relly think a single 6x10 would be best, make sure to test your head with any cab though, some times things just done mix and match.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
You could always get yourself a Mesa Boogie 1200, haha.

Have you looked at a Hydrive 810 or a hydrive 4x10 and 1x15 combo?
A hydrive depends on how bright you like your tone, considering hw himslf suggested the warwick im thinking no, he wouldnt like them, They are very much a slappers delight.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
How accessible are warwick cabs, I spoke to the local music shop fella the other day, he said he can get them in but he has no idea how long it would take.
Any educated guesses?
I dont really wana buy online, The guy in the shop will match the price and its good to keep the local shops alive!
I wouldnt mind some though, i can imagine dialling in bass, and cutting treble and getting about even, got give larry credit for a great design.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Accessable, well icant see them being difficult to get, two weeks maybe. Im thinking.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Yep, its a solid cab. Make sure to get it in 4 ohms and not 6 or 8. Othwise ya its a good cab.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Yep, its a solid cab. Make sure to get it in 4 ohms and not 6 or 8. Othwise ya its a good cab.

Yeah it will be 4 Ohms I get, The head only runs at 500 watts @ 8 ohms and 700 @ 4.
I think its 500 at 4 ohms and 700 at 2 ohms, im pretty sure it can run down to 2 ohms.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
The 450 can only go down to 4 ohms, so I doubt the 700 would be any different.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Last edited by fleajr_1412 at Jan 24, 2009,
So it is, i just checked, i thought i read it was 2 ohms.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul