Hey guys, Im learning some stuff from the Misfits, but the problem is that when I try to play their stuff Im not so sure if it is all suppose to be downpicked and when I play and I have a hard time I guess just picking so fast to their songs. I know I should start off slow but can any of you guys give me other helpful tips to help play their songs much more cleaner and tighter? ( any tips using the metronome will help too)
Thanks, and here are the songs Im learning from them now:

Skulls
Die Die my Darling
Astro Zombies
Earth AD
Forbidden Zone
Scream
Dig up Her Bones
Death Comes Ripping
American Psycho
Helena

Oh yeah, and I don't know if this is useful to let you know but I came up with a plan to learn as many songs within a certain month, I guess to accomplish a lot more with a period of time like a deadline so mine for the Misfits would be till Feb 6
Last edited by swordsman14 at Jan 24, 2009,
I'd suggest you'd learn some Metallica songs. They downpick like, 99% of the time. Try Master of Puppets
Yeah but Im not so sure if with the Misfits if they downpink on all of their songs or not?
Well I'm not sure, but it never hurts to do it all downpicked. It does give it the cool punk sound( just listen to the Ramones you'll know what I mean). It just sounds a bit different. Play what you like best
wait, you have trouble downpicking in die die my darling?
love is love // return to dust