Basically i got a letter this morning saying i have an interview for the course i applied for at uni, which will involve me playing guitar for 2-3 minutes. So my question to you is have you got any suggestions on any songs, riffs, scales etc to help me deliver a good audition. Thanks
Just don't do a really hard shred song. You'll come across as a prick.
What about some Tommy Emmanuel?
Chances are they won't be like - "play smoke on the water for 2-3 minutes lawl".
They will ask you to do something like a blues rhythm then get you to solo over it.
Or ask you to play a random chord like Asus7.
Or ask you to answer a theory question.
███████████████████████████████████
i played metallicas on when i auditioned for collage, just play all the clean parts with your fingers, they think your a genious if you do
Canon Rock!!!! =d
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Quote by link no1
i played metallicas on when i auditioned for collage, just play all the clean parts with your fingers, they think your a genious if you do

love it.
Quote by brooklynsoulja1
Canon Rock!!!! =d

Sure, as long as the college like shit songs they'll love it.
Quote by Horlicks
Sure, as long as the college like shit songs they'll love it.

Thank you for sharing your "opinion" now go away.
Quote by GuitarHeroUK
Basically i got a letter this morning saying i have an interview for the course i applied for at uni, which will involve me playing guitar for 2-3 minutes. So my question to you is have you got any suggestions on any songs, riffs, scales etc to help me deliver a good audition. Thanks

Check out shredding (like Vai, not heartless -core shredding) but faster, learn every scale, every chord, look at some john 5 metal/blues pieces and most of all learn smoke on the water just in case they're puffs.
try some jimi hendrix i bet theyll like the rhythm and lead being played by just u
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Quote by ze monsta
You're wrong.

Eric Johnson?

How good are you?

well i can play pretty much everything in a grade 8 book i bought, so must be pretty good. I was just looking for some opinions and suggestions.
Quote by JimmyBanks6
Wrong Area Do You Mind Your Cluttering The Wall.

This coming from an 09'er hmmm well what area does the great wisdom of your january 09 mind suggest
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor