So, I finally went out to a guitar store to try out some guitars.

I'm new to the whole thing, but everyone was really friendly and helpful.

I told the guy what amp I had, and I said I'd like to play one similar to that.

I tried out 3 guitars: a MIM Strat, a MIM Strat HSS, and a MIA Strat.

The first test: SSS vs. HSS

The Verdict: I liked the SSS better.

The second test: MIA vs. MIM (both SSS, both standard)

This is a tough one.

First off, I've been playing for all of a month now, so my opinion might not be quite the same as a veteran guitarist.

What I really noticed was the neck. The MIA was really glossed and smooth, but the MIM wasn't bad either.

As far as the hardware, I didn't notice that much of a difference. The MIA might have been a slight bit better, but it was hard to tell for me. I thought they both sounded comparably great.

The Verdict: I'm buying MIM. I don't think the difference between the two was worth the $500+ price difference.

I really liked this 2009 MIM:

Beautiful, isn't it?

I just figured I'd share my story...
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
Very good choice. Good luck
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Currently, I have a Crate GX-30M amp, and a guitar from Toys R Us (not cool when you're almost 19!)
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
Take the guitar... Leave it in direct sunlight in your house, ever day. It will start to give it a very nice yellow tint!

Go buy a Microcube. MUCH better than that amp you currently have.
Quote by yellowsnow4free
Currently, I have a Crate GX-30M amp, and a guitar from Toys R Us (not cool when you're almost 19!)

They do look nice, though
Congrats defintley seems like you did your research well and tested things thoroughly. Good luck with your new axe you already know your gonna like it ha ha.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Pac_man0123
Vypyr woud be better imo.

I'm gonna have to agree with this, i've never played on a microcube, but i was pleasenly susprised w/ the viper
That's a big spend for a month, but whatever you wanna do man. It could save several trips to guitar center to upgrade (Story of my life).
I think the amp I played on there was a Roland Cube 30X. It sounded really good.
But I doubt I'll find one of those at a garage sale like I found by Crate

I'm going to deal with the guitar first, then think about getting a better amp.
you can't go wrong with either amp, and that guitar looks sweet. remember to post pics

Edit: oh and ts, we have the same quote
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Quote by splamron
Edit: oh and ts, we have the same quote

You know what they say about great minds
Beautiful choice mate. And I agree, the MIA's aren't worth the extra $500 when your on a budget, especially if you get one of the old used ones that had the same smooth necks the MIA's do now.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by AcousticLesPaul
Take the guitar... Leave it in direct sunlight in your house, ever day. It will start to give it a very nice yellow tint!

Go buy a Microcube. MUCH better than that amp you currently have.

Or get the same guitar in Vintage White
Very good choice. I don't like strats much, but even I think that is a good looking guitar.

Am I the only one that is annoyed that Epiphone and Fender keep changing up their logo/headstock? Its getting VERY hard to keep track of them all and spot fakes :|
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Nice choice.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab