Hi, I was just wondering about guitars and stuff, I currently play an Epiphone Les Paul Junior, which I love, but I want a new guitar. I am the lead vocalist/guitarist of a punk/pop-punk band and I play through a Peavey Windsor Half-Stack.

I was thinking of getting a Telecaster and customising it extensively to be awesome and unique... any other suggestions?
Quote by Chapz
Maybe a Gretsch?

nah, not really into gretsch, except the white falcon ... but that is like super expensive
Quote by tancanada
Tele's are generally a no-no.

do you have a reason for this? joe strummer, deryck whibly and nofx's guitarist all use teles, im sure there are more
Quote by Reverend-Me
keep the epiphone, think it'll be fine for pop punk

i am gonna keep it, its perfect for pop punk ... i just want a new guitar
Real punk? any guitar you can afford or steal. The guys you listed? Any guitar with humbuckers.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by zekk
Real punk? any guitar you can afford or steal. The guys you listed? Any guitar with humbuckers.

i can afford a lot of guitars ... my pay at work (im only 14 btw) is 100 pounds a week
Quote by SkinnyVampire
i can afford a lot of guitars ... my pay at work (im only 14 btw) is 100 pounds a week

But thats the logics of it. For real punk, true punkrock a la flipper, the dead kennedys, black flag, MDC, etc, it was about what they had. The actual instrument wasn't so important. And for pop-punk, you're only real guideline is a humbucker is a plus. Find a guitar that FEELS good, most important thing.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Just get any guitar you like, with humbuckers. Like ^ said, go for the FEEL for a punk guitar, as tone isn't as important as in other genres.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
An Epiphone G-400 or an Epiphone Les Paul Standard will do you well.

I play punk, and I use a G-400. I get a nice thick tone from it.

You can pretty much buy whatever you want, but stay away from single coil pickups.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by tmfiore
An Epiphone G-400 or an Epiphone Les Paul Standard will do you well.

I play punk, and I use a G-400. I get a nice thick tone from it.

You can pretty much buy whatever you want, but stay away from single coil pickups.

what's wrong with single coils?
Quote by SkinnyVampire
what's wrong with single coils?

Well in my opinion, they sound way to thin and bright for my liking.

Humbuckers give this nice thick tone.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
So, if you want a telecaster, get a MIM Tele and slap a Lil JB in the bridge and you're there.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Quote by SkinnyVampire

Where do you work where you get £100 a week?! I want that job!

like its been said look at teles, personally I'd go for a 72, I always get confused between the custom and the deluxes, I'd get the HS, nice thick neck for lead with a sharp bridge pickup for rhythm.