this think looks sweet. it's baisically a clone of the oh-so-famous A/DA flange Paul has used for years. it crapped on his recently, so he got Ibanez to build him one. it also come with his mod built in that changes pitch.

(link in the picture)
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Cool,

He has a SIG EQ pedal out too i think the brand is called "homebrew" or something. he has it on his website.

this one?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22

this one?

i do believe that is the one.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Over a week late but o well, better late than never, NAMM List price on this is at $214 i believe so i guess street price will be around £120/ $160

Yes, that is Paul's Signature EQ pedal
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Last edited by sharpant at Jan 24, 2009,
Quote by sharpant
Over a week late but o well, better late than never, NAMM List price on this is at $214 i believe so i guess street price will be around £120/ $160

Yes, that is Paul's Signature EQ pedal

Hmm...I may have to look into this flange if I don't go with the MXR or EHX ones.
Where are the sound clips? I can't find them on the website.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Paul mainly used his electric mistress for flanging
Paul used his ADA with a third hand pedal to make and control the "take off" sound.
Anyone know what Phase Shifter he uses, though?

I'm under the impression he uses an EHX of some sort.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Hi from HERAKLION CRETE GREECE, I am a huge fan of Paul Gilbert and I was looking forward to buy his new pedal from Ibanez. THE IBANEZ AF-2. I don’t use the flanger so much but this would be a great pedal to buy like Paul said on his web site. It has two sections. The taxi section with 4 knobs and a switch, and the take of section with one knob and one switch. Paul posted some settings settings that he likes to this pedal on his site. In the meanwhile I have a Ibanez cheap flanger pedal the Ibanez cf-7 so I was experimenting to pass these settings to this cheap pedal and I managed to do it. I just matched the knobs from one to the other as you see down to the picture. So do the settings that Paul posted to the cf7 beginning with the 3nd knob first then the 1st knob and then the 2nd knob and finally with the fourth knob. Remember the switch is to flanger mode and normal.
Here are the settings:
Remember: DELAY TIME – SPEED – DEPTH – REGEN. That’s the sequence for the cf7

* Talkbox: 10 / 4 / 6/ 6
* Shimmering: 2 / 8.5 / 3.5 / 0
* Crazy Horses: 3.5 / 9 / 4 / 10
* Filter Matrix: 4 / 0 / 1.5 / 5
* Flangey: 2 / 6 / 4 / 4
* Fixed Wah: 7.5 / 0 / 1.5 / 7.5
* Laser Pistol: 4 / 10 / 7 / 10
* Let the Good Times Roll: 6 / 3.5 / 6 / 4
* Police Siren: 4 / 8 / 5 / 10
* Warm Flange: 4 / 8 / 5 / 0

Now I don’t know about the sound quality and if the cf7 is true bypass but I will use this one because I don’t use flangel a lot either way so I won’t spend money on this.
For the take off mode I don’t have a solution but I will try it because it is the most valuable part of af2. If anyone finds a way to make it with some settings on cf7 please post it because I love this effect.
Anyway Cheers
Please post any comments
Manos
PS PLEASE PAUL DON’T GET MAD AT ME IF WITH THIS ARTICLE YOUR PEDAL LOST SALES. I ALREADY HAVE A PGM301 AND I WILL BUY MORE PGMS TO FILL THE LOSS :P, AND BECAUSE ARE THE BEST SIGNATURE GUITARS, BY FAR!!!!

I attach the picture that i made to see how you match the knobs...
try it and let me know if I am right
Attachments:
myidea.JPG