I love to play punk-rock music, stuff like blink 182 or green day.

I play guitar but when I'm recording songs I would like to do the bass too.

I was thinking of getting a Squier bass.

Guitar wise, I would never buy a Squier product. Still I don't know much about bass products. What do you think of them ?

What amplifier should I buy too ? I need an headphone output so I can record with Audacity.

I love Godin product, since they are made where I live and not in China. Should I save money to get a better bass ?

I will play like root notes and stuff like that.
Quote by TinyJimbo
And what should I know about the amplifiers ?

1. Don't buy a Behringer one.

A good amp to start out with is an Acoustic b10, it is $100 US dollars and sounds great.

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Acoustic-B10-10-Watt-1X10-Combo-Bass-Amp?sku=501092
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
^no problem.

Nice avatar also, Dookie is one of the best punk albums ever released.
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
i dont like squiers man, epiphones are pretty good though

used fender p bass would be pretty good but i dont know how much stuff costs over in canada

and blink isnt punk
Quote by charby19

used fender p bass would be pretty good but i dont know how much stuff costs over in canada

and blink isnt punk

It's pop-punk. So what?

And Epiphone's are not good for punk/pop-punk. They're good for hard rock maybe.

TS, I would go for a 70s Vintage Modified P-Bass personally, it'll get you closer to the punk sound you're going for.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by charby19

Except that your options there are pretty limited, a semihollow, a short scale SG, or a thunderbird. All of which sound pretty bad.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Quote by charby19

and blink isnt punk

Yeah I know.. that's why I wrote punk-rock....
Quote by charby19

Lies. EB's and TB's suck, never played a Casady but I can say that you're better off with a CV or VM Squier.
Back onto subject, Have you ever thought of getting a p-bass? I mean, mike dirnt used one. And a jazz bass isn't going to give you the growl of a p-bass.
GEAR:

Ibanez GSR205FM

Trace Elliot GP7SM 200watt bass combo
Quote by smoots
Back onto subject, Have you ever thought of getting a p-bass? I mean, mike dirnt used one. And a jazz bass isn't going to give you the growl of a p-bass.

Squier also has a mike dirnt P-bass which is pretty good also the CV 50's & 60's p-basses are great,cheap basses

yes a p-bass is what is needed for that punk bass sound...
Quote by charby19

and blink isnt punk

(off topic)

Blink has some punk-rockish stuff (Dude Ranch,) but the rest of their stuff is pop punk. Good pop punk that is
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
About the precision and Jazz bass, I really don't know the difference... I couldn't distinguish a bass tone from another.
Quote by TinyJimbo
About the precision and Jazz bass, I really don't know the difference... I couldn't distinguish a bass tone from another.

Get your self to the store and play both...there is a fair amount of difference...the jazz "growls" but the p-bass "thumps"
get the squier vintage vibe p bass. they are really good for the money, and sound great for punk style music. add some ernie ball super slinkys with a pick and its an amazing tone.