so the nut on my les paul 100 is starting to break like all over the place. im wondering if it is possible for me to do up a new one by myself or if im better of tacking it to a tech.

if i can get it myself, how do i know which kind of nut to get, size wise?
**GEAR**

Epiphone G-400 Tony Iommi Left Handed
Custom Epiphone Les Paul 100 Left Handed w/ EMG 81/85
Johnson Acoustic Left Handed
Line 6 Spider Valve 112 w/ FBV Pedal
BOSS DS-1 and AC-3
You can get a precut nut and swap it in yourself. Just measure the nut width, height and depth and match them to those of another nut you are buying. If you can't find a precut nut that fits you can cut one yourself if you feel up to it. You'll need nut files of various size which can be rather expensive or you can make a set of serrated feeler gauges to cut back on costs along with some sand paper. If you don't feel up to it by all means take it to a tech.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
damn!!!!
misunderstood the title
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
well just out of curiosity, how much would it cost to take it to a tech to get it done?
**GEAR**

Epiphone G-400 Tony Iommi Left Handed
Custom Epiphone Les Paul 100 Left Handed w/ EMG 81/85
Johnson Acoustic Left Handed
Line 6 Spider Valve 112 w/ FBV Pedal
BOSS DS-1 and AC-3
Anywhere from $40 to $60 I believe. I stopped dealing with techs quite awhile ago so I may be off on the prices. Your best bet would be to call up a shop and ask.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.