Page 1 of 2
Set The Chariots Afire is an awesome deathcore band! No, I am not a member of Set The Chariots Afire, but I think they rock!

www.myspace.com/setthechariotsafire

Discuss what you think of them.
If I don't answer you, I probably don't care
Last edited by Kylen Johnson at Jan 24, 2009,
That is the only thing I question also. Why they have 7 members. Probably cause they dont want to drop the 3rd guitarist. I will ask later tonight.
That was ****ing awful; the last thing the world needed was another deathcore band. I suppose they at least don't shamelessly promote Christianity on their myspace page. You should tell them to break up. Also, what kind of a name is "Set the Chariots Afire"? Are bands really that hard pressed to come up with something decent?
Guys, why wouldn't you like this band?? I mean this is taken directly from their bio:

"Bringing together a vicious dual vocal attack with a three guitar onslaught .."
Got back from a punk show. Fahrenheit 514 was awesome. 1. They were the only ones that used wireless with their systems so they were running everywhere and jumping off bleachers while they were playing.

You should have seen their last profile pics.

Its hard to come up with origonal band names now and Set The Chariots Afire is origonal.
Quote by Kylen Johnson
Its hard to come up with origonal band names now and Set The Chariots Afire is origonal.

Oh yes so original.
myspace | last.fm
Americans used to roar like lions for liberty,
Now we bleat like sheep for security.
Quote by Kylen Johnson
Set The Chariots Afire is an awesome deathcore band! No, I am not a member of Set The Chariots Afire, but I think they rock!

www.myspace.com/setthechariotsafire

Discuss what you think of them.

No, you're just a friend of theirs.
Quote by lachyray
do you reckon straight edge people ever get temped to drink alcahole,
when really want to but they know they can't so they just dont?
I am not really a friend of theirs. I have never met any of them except the bass guitarist and I just saw him again tonight. Last time I saw him was a few months ago but before that its been like a year. I dont think we are really friends.
Displaying 1-2 of 2 results for set the chariots afire

Origonal. The other one I think it the studio that they recorded their last CD at.
Quote by Kylen Johnson
Displaying 1-2 of 2 results for set the chariots afire

Origonal. The other one I think it the studio that they recorded their last CD at.

Hey gize I just started a new band, haven't quite decided on the name but it's going to be something like "(Verb) the (noun(s)) (adjective)" and it's going to have something to do with burning, fire, "her", "their", death, skies, the depths, the ocean, yesterday, tomorrow, dawn, dusk, never, silence, bleeding, blood, falling, or perhaps some random month of the year. And it's going to be heaps origonal cos we'll plug the name into myspace to check that there isn't already a band with the same name.

Look out for us when we "burst onto the scene" with our "brutal", "vicious" "deathcore" that "transcends genres."
Quote by lachyray
do you reckon straight edge people ever get temped to drink alcahole,
when really want to but they know they can't so they just dont?
Matt, I think that was more making fun of yourself. You named off two seperate bands in that post.
Quote by Kylen Johnson
Matt, I think that was more making fun of yourself. You named off two seperate bands in that post.

I disagree, I think he clearly conveyed the point that "deathcore" bands have contrived and generic names, and he did so with a great degree of humor by means of sarcasm. Well done sir.

The name "Set The Chariots Afire" is not only lacking in originality, it also doesn't make sense. Why would one burn a chariot? This also brings up the question why someone would even have a chariot? Nonetheless a chariot to burn.
deathcore is dying.

get used to it, man. hardly anyone likes this stuff anymore.
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
Quote by RPExecutor
deathcore is dying.

get used to it, man. hardly anyone likes this stuff anymore.

It seems to me like deathcore is (unfortunately) at its zenith right now.
rounded off with a very tight, solid, and intense bass and rhythm section...

...which is utterly inaudible through the obnoxious wall of three guitars and two vocalists.
Quote by JxD
It seems to me like deathcore is (unfortunately) at its zenith right now.

I'd say that was a year or two ago. People are starting to take it less seriously I think.
I can here the bass while I am listening to it just fine... Probably because I have a subwoofer hooked up to my computer.
I would ask if your subwoofer was hooked up correctly but if I unhook mine none of my speakers work. This is a hardcore/deathcore forum. Why are people on here that just say deathcore is dying?
Quote by Kylen Johnson
I would ask if your subwoofer was hooked up correctly but if I unhook mine none of my speakers work. This is a hardcore/deathcore forum. Why are people on here that just say deathcore is dying?

Because we're here for the hardcore part of it.
Then why did you come onto the thread that read, "Like Deathcore?"
Quote by Kylen Johnson
Then why did you come onto the thread that read, "Like Deathcore?"

Because I enjoy a decent amount of deathcore. You know, the good bands. When I said people are taking it less seriously, I didn't mean the deathcore bands with genuine talent, I meant the repetitive, generic nonsense that's flooded local metal shows for the past 4 years.
There has been a influx of "wanna-be" bands out there recently. But most of them are killed off decently quickly.
I think everybody realizes now that they arent talking about anything serious why we didnt realize this b4 with the outragious song names

Or it could be the fact that they all sound the same now and IMO there are few who have a distinct sound. idk?
Last edited by DrSanitarium at Feb 2, 2009,
Fakes. Real underground -core´s a drummer a bass player a guitarist and one of the 3 also does vocals. That´s the real deal man. Slipknot might need 3 drummers( and then claim Joey's the best - if he really were they wouldn't need 2 other drummers), real -core needs 3 people..
Last edited by LordPino at Feb 3, 2009,
Quote by LordPino
Fakes. Real underground -core´s a drummer a bass player a guitarist and one of the 3 also does vocals. That´s the real deal man. Slipknot might need 3 drummers( and then claim Joey's the best - if he really were they wouldn't need 2 other drummers), real -core needs 3 people..

....o_O
Unforunately, deathcore, bad deathcore as I might add, is not dying. On the contrary deathcore shows are flooded with 13 years olds in tripp pants and a disturbing obsession with Waking the Cadaver and other nonsense bands.

oh. sidenote. chariots burned by fire... wait thats not their name is bad. And yes, I did forget their name between starting to write this and now. Therefore I don't buy into it as "original"
I dont see why the stereo type : You listen to deathcore ? Then you love waking the cadaver. exist.

I think they suck ass and ALOT of others people think that.
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by Kylen Johnson

That was absolutely terrible, generic ****e and the name is one of the worst (of the(Verb) the (noun(s)) (adjective) whoever cited that before. Plus they all look like idiots, this is a prime example of one of those bands that never leaves the "sooped up myspace page" stage, doesnt help that the recording was bad too.

I'm curious to hear what "deathcore" has risen to the top and isn't terribly generic, list away kind sirs. (I like deathcore and hate waking the cadaver by the way)
Quote by AluminumOxide
Cobain killed himself before he learned to play guitar.

Gibson SG Special
Schecter C1-Plus
Real deathcore? Umm... White Chapel? No idea what kind of thing you are looking for.
pretty sure they could do the same stuff with one vocalist and two guitar players. i think this is one of those situations where they just wanted to include all their friends in the band. thumbs down
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
Page 1 of 2