Does anyone know the factory string specification for a Breedlove Pro Series D25/SRH? The owners' manual doesn't actually say for this guitar. It specifies a light gauge D'Addario EXP for the Atlas series D25/SR and a medium gauge for the custom shop guitars. But no mention for the Pro series. I searched the net and found conflicting answers.

Thanks,
John
Last edited by jreikes at Jan 24, 2009,
Its the same for the Atlas. D'Addario EXP Phosphor Bronze Coated Light Gauge.
superman is killing himself tonight
Are you sure? Although I've found some conflicting information so far, I was getting the sense the Pro Series C25 is a light gauge and the Pro Series D25 is actually a medium...

I put lights on it last time I strung it and started to get a bit of buzz at the first few frets, so I started to suspect they were too light and the neck had bowed back a tad as a result. Also, although I can't find the link anymore, before I bought it I read a review where someone said they tried using light gauge instead of the factory mediums and didn't like the sound as much.
Then I may have been wrong. Go for the mediums, see if they feel the same.
superman is killing himself tonight
I believe they are all the D'addario's like Joel said. Excellent string at an excellent price. Can't beat them for $10. I had to restring and didn't even bother with elixirs or super expensive strings, went right back to D'addario's and they've lasted me twice as long as Elixirs did.
Quote by Silverstein14
I believe they are all the D'addario's like Joel said. Excellent string at an excellent price. Can't beat them for $10. I had to restring and didn't even bother with elixirs or super expensive strings, went right back to D'addario's and they've lasted me twice as long as Elixirs did.

Yes, but my question is what gauge. From what I'm seeing, it looks like medium.
I know, but I bought the guitar because I thought it sounded perfect as it came. It's good, but not perfect with the strings on it now. I'm not looking to improve on the original sound and action, just want to use what it had.
The best and surest way to find out, is to just call or e-mail Breedlove.
I'm the only player to be sponsered by 7 guitar companies not to use their products.
Quote by BlackbirdPie
The best and surest way to find out, is to just call or e-mail Breedlove.

+1 to this, these guys are always great via email, facebook or a phone call. Will save you any wasted time looking all over and wondering if its right.