I personally would shell out the extra cash for a Vintage Modified P. I think its an overall better bass, the neck is really smooth and easy to play, it sounds great, and it has an awesome color scheme.
Getting a bass is a very personal experience, I spent years dreaming of the Fender Jaguar bass but once I had the thing imported and in my hands, everything about it felt wrong. I prefer a longer necked lighter bass. At the minute I play a Hohner Steinberger B2A and an Ibanez EDB-700. Both are brilliant basses, the ibanez may cost a little more but that will last you for a lifetime!
Are you going to buy this online or go to a shop and try it out?

Seriously, you should go to a guitar/bass shop and try out a couple basses in your budget.

Also, you shold look at the Ibanez Gsr 200. Its got the 2 Jazz pickup setup, a super thin neck, and its pretty close to the price of what your looking at.
GEAR:

Ibanez GSR205FM

Trace Elliot GP7SM 200watt bass combo
Quote by qotsa1998
I personally would shell out the extra cash for a Vintage Modified P. I think its an overall better bass, the neck is really smooth and easy to play, it sounds great, and it has an awesome color scheme.

+1. That, or the classic vibe 60s P. Both are great P basses.
are you sure you want a brand new bass?
you can get a used fender on ebay for 200 quid if you're lucky.
i did

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.