I have a Schecter Damien FR.

I've joined a band recently that could possbily play things in Drop C/Drop B

Is there any way I could change the Licensed Floyd Rose, to not be floating?
What I mean Is, If I take off the locking nut, is there anything I can do to just make it a hardtail bridge?
Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Billie Joe is a really good guitarist, Green Day is like the best shred band around.

^Fails.
Sure. Just increase the spring tension to the point where the Floyd is resting against the body, or stick a block of wood into the cavity to immobilize the thing. Or buy a Tremol-No, so you can switch from floating to fixed at will.
tremol-no.
/thread
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
How would I go about blocking it with wood?
Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Billie Joe is a really good guitarist, Green Day is like the best shred band around.

^Fails.
Cut a piece of wood to the size of the space between the back of the cavity and the block of the trem. Insert wood. Voila.
Install a tremol-no.
My Gear:
Ibanez ART300 electric
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt combo amp
Yamaha FG-130 acoustic

There is no God.
Tremel-no's are one of the greatest additions to any floating brige. I have recently installed one onto my Ibanez RG350DX and it works fantastically. When im in the mood i can keep it unlocked and play normally adding in dive bombs and what not. However when i get in the grundge mood, i will lock it into hardtail or dive only mode, tune it to drop c/ drop d and play some harder stuff...

Just make sure u get it back to standard tuning before you unlock the trem again.