I recently bought a Cordoba C3 on clearance, and thanks to my dad who was rushing me to pick a guitar and go, I just now noticed several defects on the guitar, including a crack where the headstock was glued back on, and most importantly, a bulge on the fretboard where the neck joins the body. This part of the fretboard is higher than the rest of the fretboard and causes severe fret buzz on strings lowE through B, and on the high E causes the 11th and 12th to sound the same. Any help on how to fix this?
Quote by Turkeyburger
It's not cool to make fun of people with disabilities.....

(Being Norwegian is a disability)

Quote by BK202

Any chance of a picture, hard to imagine whats wrong.
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
You can't really see it unless you look down the length of the fretboard and it'd be hard to get that in a picture; the problem is, where the neck joins the body, that part of the fretboard bulges higher than the rest.
Quote by Turkeyburger

Quote by BK202

Can someone please help with this? Should I file down the frets or something?
Quote by Turkeyburger

Quote by BK202

Give it some more time. The acoustic/classical section is a bit slower than some other forums around UG.

If your fret has popped out, I don't believe filing is the right thing to do. Getting the fret back in is probably a better idea.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
The fret isn't popped out, the entire fretboard bulges up higher than the rest, so when I fret the 11th on the high E, it actually sounds the 12th. On all other frets this doesn't happen, however there is severe fret buzz.

Here is a diagram to explain:
Quote by Turkeyburger

Quote by BK202

Sorry, but that's what you get when you go cheap. This is a common enough problem on a lot of low budget guitars, not only on classical styles but steel strings as well. There's not a lot you can do for it other than have a neck reset done, and that would undoubtedly cost more than that model of guitar did new. I have a tad bit of that very same issue with my Alvarez, although it's not bad enough to cause me any fret-out issues.

Have a look through the Frets. com website. If I remember correctly he addresses this problem somewhere there. If there's a fix for it, he'll know of one for sure.