Ok, currently I have a "Marshall 10cd" series amplifier. (I'll get a better amp eventually...)

I am wondering if the overdrive on this amplifier is any good, or If I should invest in a Distortion pedal. I am thinking of the Boss d21.(my local shop has small variety)

If The pedal is somehow worse, I would probably invest in a delay pedal or something I lack.

So the question is, should I buy the distortion pedal or try out a different effect pedal?

Also, my budget is small(which is why I don't upgrade the amp)
go to a shop that stocks the amp youhave and the pedals you're considering and try them all out. distortion is an individual thing what someone loves another person may find is too weak or strong for their liking. the only way to know what to do is play around with it on your own.
I you should decide if the distortion of the amp (that you own) is good before buying a pedal. How are you gonna know if a pedal sounds good or not?
AL
Last edited by Adam Loeke at Jan 24, 2009,
I'd personally start saving for a new amp now. The valvetronix are rather cheap and is a huge upgrade from what you have now. They're full of different amp models, overdrives and effects. Pedals are just a waste of money for the amp you have now
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
Last edited by mitch311 at Jan 24, 2009,
Just save for another amp now. The pedal won't make the sound any better. It still stays the same MG **** sound : D. Please save for a new amp, you won't regret it.
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
I think I will try and save for a Roland Cube, though I am not sure how much they cost. I have heard good things about them.

Now to try and get my 25$ back from the shop that I spent to keep the pedal on lay-away(if that is even how Its spelt....)

Also,I have a low budget because I am only 15 with no allowance of any kind and I live away from the city so getting a job would be hard If I can't legally drive to it...
cubes have good sounds, but can be kind of tempramental, just make sure you get a big warrenty on it and you'll be fine!
I was there once. I had a Marshall MG10CD. It's cheap. It makes noise. It's sturdy. It's a rock. And if you find you don't like playing guitar, it's a lot easier to see it sitting in the closet than a $400 amp. It's a great starter amp. But it has a 6" speaker, and a Gibson Les Paul doesn't sound much different than a Squier with that amp.

But don't buy a pedal or anything else.

Are you listening to me? Don't do it. If you get a pedal to go with that thing you'll be wasting your money.

Save up for a new amp if you want a better sound. I got a Roland Cube 30x on Ebay for $175. The improvement in the sound is amazing. That's a lot more than most pedals, but you can get a 20x on Ebay for less than $150 or you can get a Peavey Vypyr 15 for $99. I mean come on: $99. You can save up $99. People are raving about the awesome sound of the Vypyr amps.
Quote by GraceKim
I was there once. I had a Marshall MG10CD. It's cheap. It makes noise. It's sturdy. It's a rock. And if you find you don't like playing guitar, it's a lot easier to see it sitting in the closet than a $400 amp. It's a great starter amp. But it has a 6" speaker, and a Gibson Les Paul doesn't sound much different than a Squier with that amp.

But don't buy a pedal or anything else.

Are you listening to me? Don't do it. If you get a pedal to go with that thing you'll be wasting your money.

Save up for a new amp if you want a better sound. I got a Roland Cube 30x on Ebay for $175. The improvement in the sound is amazing. That's a lot more than most pedals, but you can get a 20x on Ebay for less than $150 or you can get a Peavey Vypyr 15 for $99. I mean come on: $99. You can save up $99. People are raving about the awesome sound of the Vypyr amps.

This is the best advice I've heard all day.