Is the only illegal part of it seeding/uploading? And after the download finishes, does choosing to not share the file stop the seeding?
I'm using azureus and want to know an effective way of protecting myself.
The illegal part is sharing (both uploading and downloading) copyrighted material that has not given permission to be freely distributed.

Use PeerGuardian for protection.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Ahh I know that when you are downloading you are technically seeding too, but I download files no larger than 300MB anyway. Usually people who get caught download games or really huge files.
And yes I'm back Renkies. Only when I have a question though, since I belong to no other forums :P
Even if you're caught, you usually just get a letter from your ISP and a termination of service.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Z_cup_boy
Ahh I know that when you are downloading you are technically seeding too, but I download files no larger than 300MB anyway. Usually people who get caught download games or really huge files.
And yes I'm back Renkies. Only when I have a question though, since I belong to no other forums :P

It doesn't matter how much you download. Downloading even 1 kilobyte of data of a record from a major record label is considered illegal.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I know but my point is if I download large files there's a larger chance of me getting caught since there is a longer time my ip will be out there.
Quote by Z_cup_boy
I know but my point is if I download large files there's a larger chance of me getting caught since there is a longer time my ip will be out there.

If you have PeerGuardian then your IP is never out there.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Z_cup_boy

Well, I don't think it really matters how long you're active for. Once you start downloading, your IP is logged. Also, stopping the seeding after you complete a download is considered selfish.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Z_cup_boy
Is the only illegal part of it seeding/uploading? And after the download finishes, does choosing to not share the file stop the seeding?
I'm using azureus and want to know an effective way of protecting myself.

condom.
Gear
Basses
Squier Vintage Modified Precision Bass in Olympic White

Guitars
Squier Stratocaster Showmaster NLT HSS
Stagg Electro Acoustic

Amps
Carlsbro Cobra Bass 90W
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Squier SA-10

Quote by Xiaoxi
Well, I don't think it really matters how long you're active for. Once you start downloading, your IP is logged. Also, stopping the seeding after you complete a download is considered selfish.

idontcareidontcareidontcareidontcare
Quote by Z_cup_boy
idontcareidontcareidontcareidontcare

Same here, I never seed.

I may be a greedy bastard but at least I maybe probably won't get busted.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
mmmhm
the illegal aspect is file "sharing"
which leads me to believe if you seed thats the bad part.
Quote by Z_cup_boy
mmmhm
the illegal aspect is file "sharing"
which leads me to believe if you seed thats the bad part.

I already told you, the illegal aspect is the copyrighted material itself. It doesn't matter whether you are seeding or leeching.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana