Needing a new amp, i'm interested in the Blackheart Little Giant, but first, I have a few questions.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--BLABH5H

1.) Is this just a head, meaning i'd need a cab too?
2.) Does it handle pedals well?

All I can think of for now - thanks.
1) Yes, it is a head. I recommend the matching 112 cab or an Avatar 212 cab.

2) Yes, it takes them quite well.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
No worries,

if you buy that Blackheart, don't forget to post pics!

Cheers

DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
Yes, this would be considered a 'half stack'.

I'm not sure about the Blackheart, but I do know most amp heads provide the speaker cable. Just remember to use unshielded speaker cable if you have to buy it, and NEVER use an instrument cable.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Last edited by djszkoda at Jan 24, 2009,
Quote by SchecterZV
Another question, I guess this could be considered a stack? Never owned one before. Do the speaker cables (or whatever connects the head to the cab) come with one of the two?

Yeah, it's like a 5/8 stack.

The speaker cable doesn't come with it. Make sure you buy a SPEAKER CABLE and you DON'T use a guitar cable. A guitar cable will fry the insides of the head. Good luck!
Blackhearts are nice.

Very limited EQ on it.

The trannies and the tubes are horrible stock. I recommend upgrades.

A Red Fang loaded Avatar Cab sounds awesome with it.

It'd be considered a half stack.

You can use guitar cables for awhile, but it will die randomly on you. I recommend livewire speaker cables everntually.

It takes pedals very well. I have a large pedalboard, and it works well for me.
Quote by AcousticLesPaul
Blackhearts are nice.

Very limited EQ on it.

I plan on getting an EQ pedal somewhere along the road. Are changing the tubes easy? Or should I have the tech at guitar center change them?
Quote by AcousticLesPaul
Blackhearts are nice.

Very limited EQ on it.

You can use guitar cables for awhile, but it will die randomly on you. I recommend livewire speaker cables everntually.

It takes pedals very well. I have a large pedalboard, and it works well for me.

Worst advice I have ever heard. Don't EVER use anything but speaker cables.

As for tubes, get some JJ's or Sovteks.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Quote by djszkoda
Worst advice I have ever heard. Don't EVER use anything but speaker cables.

As for tubes, get some JJ's or Sovteks.

Mmm..

I have used guitar cables for months on tube heads before...

Get some Groove Tubes or JJ's.

As for EQ, a Fish N Chips will work fine.
I've known people breaking expensive heads because of their ignorance. I would not recommend using them. If worse comes to worse, just buy two 1/4 jacks at Radioshack or whatever electronic components store you have near you (I'm not big on US store names), solder it to some speaker wire and you're good to go.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Quote by djszkoda
I've known people breaking expensive heads because of their ignorance. I would not recommend using them. If worse comes to worse, just buy two 1/4 jacks at Radioshack or whatever electronic components store you have near you (I'm not big on US store names), solder it to some speaker wire and you're good to go.

I'll end up buying speaker cables.
Excellent!

And as AcousticLesPaul said, LiveWire cables are worth the money and they sound great.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Looking forward to assisting you some more in the future

DEAD. AIR. SPACE.