what are some of your favorite blues licks I need some new ideas to spice up my improv I'm starting to get repetitive.
The solo from Hey Joe by Hendrix, and the intro to Red House by Hendrix.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Anything off of the Allman Brothers Live At Fillmore East or Derek and The Dominoes Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs. Check Out "Have You Ever Loved A Woman"
SRV- Texas Flood, when he uses the whammy to mess with the chordal melody part, that is just insane
i enjoy head
I quite like:

e|------------------------------
B|-14p12------------------------
G|-14p12----12~-----------------
A|-------14-----14p12----12h14~-
D|--------------------14--------
E|------------------------------

But anyway, try using different backing tracks, specifically some with different beats to deal with. If you can get backing tracks for well known numbers that can help a lot; you can do a combination of fiddling around by yourself and listening to the original to see what they did. Try not to tiresomely work out every note of an original solo; see if you can come up with something similar through your own improvisation. It's more about the rhythm and phrasing than the exact notes. The standard blues licks are just paths around the fretboard, and you can turn them into something completely different through the rhythmic context.