I'm thinking about getting a guitar that only has a volume knob and 3-way switch, no tone knob. It will cost $200 to get a tone knob because they have to make new templates for the guitar. So I'm looking for other options for a tone knob. Do they make 2 in 1 pots and knobs with volume on the inside and tone on the outside like some pedals?
you'd have to get a different pot and knobs, but it's still gonna (presumably) be a lot cheaper than cutting up your guitar...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
A tone knob is necessary, I'll just have them do it so I won't have to pay someone else to do it. I can get whatever I want on it, I just have to pay for the difference in price.
Quote by JELIFISH19
A tone knob is necessary, I'll just have them do it so I won't have to pay someone else to do it. I can get whatever I want on it, I just have to pay for the difference in price.

tone knobs arent necessary, a friend of mine just got a matt heafy rising sun which only has a volume and pickup selector, it sounds so mad
I meant for me personally, I usually mess with the tone knobs on all of my guitars.
You really like paradises don't you? Did you ever decide between the Paradise or the PRS Mira?
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
Quote by JF-SH1
You really like paradises don't you? Did you ever decide between the Paradise or the PRS Mira?

I only like that one. I'll probably go with the Paradise. There's no chance in hell that I'll like the Mira more than the Paradise or any of my other guitars. It is more of what I'm looking for but it's less of what I like. There's nothing I would hate about the Paradise. I'm still looking though, I'm buying it next year so I have plenty of time to explore different things.
Why not just get a guitar with a volume and tone knob instead of buying one with just a volume and putting in a tone?
Keeping it real since '92
Quote by Toolfan11
Why not just get a guitar with a volume and tone knob instead of buying one with just a volume and putting in a tone?

It's a custom guitar so I could put whatever I want on it, I just don't want to pay for it. I'm looking for something specific. If you know of anything with similar specs, let me know
Thanx, that's looks like a reasonable option. Would I be able to use a Q Parts knob on top of the concentric knob and get a generic gold bottom knob? I really want to get the Gold Abalone knob. If not, the push-pull will have to do. I only mess the tone knob if the volume is all the way up anyway. I just think it would look cool with the Concentric pot.