i have started a band, but i wanna play stuff like "the who" but im thinking since there classic rock kids 14-20 wont wanna listen to it.... should i go with playing classic rock, or should i do some modern stuff...
Lame. Release the hounds!
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
whatever floats your boat
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Mix classic with modern stuff.

yeah see, im worried, cuz im playing for teens about the age of 16, and most of them doesnt know to the who are. they r probably expecting paramore and crap like that.
maybe i should play some ACDC? but my vocalist wont go for it...
dude, play the classics

i have a feeling that a lot of modern rock fans are just faking it, like you almost did.
Play the music you want to. If you don't, you're playing music for all the wrong reasons.

And for that you would get this:
I suggest playing original material.
And of course they know who The Who are.
I suggest playing some Tool too. Almost everybody I know is a Tool fan to some extent.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Quote by docbjork
yeah see, im worried, cuz im playing for teens about the age of 16, and most of them doesnt know to the who are. they r probably expecting paramore and crap like that.
maybe i should play some ACDC? but my vocalist wont go for it...

Who cares? Do what you want, let them be introduced to it all by you. If they like it, then you'll be the only person around doing that type of music, then you'll get famous around town, then around everywhere else, then you'll be the next rock gods!

I get 10% for suggesting it.
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Simply because I could breed the pokemon, and act out my sick sexual fantasies between Dittos and Chanseys.

Quote by bequickorbedead
She had sex..with my...AIDS?
Quote by Vrman
dude, play the classics

i have a feeling that a lot of modern rock fans are just faking it, like you almost did.

ok. ill talk it over with my band. thx alot.
Just play whatever honestly. You'll always have people come to gigs and all that just cuz its fun to listen to music played by bands live. Plus a huge majority of people listen to rock so it really doesn't matter. If you write songs and make a cd then some people may not want it if they dont like classic but go for what ever you feel is good. Oh and good luck with the band!!!
My Gear:
Ibanez RG-350 YE w/ Super Dist. and PAF pro pups
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
Quote by monkeysintheday
I suggest playing original material.
And of course they know who The Who are.
I suggest playing some Tool too. Almost everybody I know is a Tool fan to some extent.

I guess you dont know me, but i think Tool is the worst
Ok first off STOP IT.

STOP IT NOW!

You are doing the worst thing ever possible ever. It is so bad my grammar is ****ed up because it is blowing my mind away.

DO NOT PLAY FOR THE CROWD, PLAY IN FRONT OF THEM.

If you like the music you like, then god damnit play it. I know people who are 15 and like miley cyrus, so if you expect that you have to sing about bubblegum and lollipops for an hour because they are in the same age group as you then you don't deserve to sell a single cd.

Pleas please please play the who. If they havn't heard it yet, that is more reason for you to turn it up even louder.
Play classic rock, it's what you want to play, right? I find most of the 16 year olds around here who are into music like classic rock over modern rock anyways.
Quote by ScottElwood
Ok first off STOP IT.

STOP IT NOW!

You are doing the worst thing ever possible ever. It is so bad my grammar is ****ed up because it is blowing my mind away.

DO NOT PLAY FOR THE CROWD, PLAY IN FRONT OF THEM.

If you like the music you like, then god damnit play it. I know people who are 15 and like miley cyrus, so if you expect that you have to sing about bubblegum and lollipops for an hour because they are in the same age group as you then you don't deserve to sell a single cd.

Pleas please please play the who. If they havn't heard it yet, that is more reason for you to turn it up even louder.

thanks. i will play the who, and i will kick ass playing the who.
Quote by docbjork
thanks. i will play the who, and i will kick ass playing the who.

Thats what I like to hear!