Yes, I know there are a few stickys on them. So I've decided to get a Blackheart Little Giant head + the matching 112 cab. I've been advised to change the default tubes in them. So I have a few...err.. a lot of questions on them. Just bear with me, I'll learn :P

Thanks in advance to everybody. For reference, I play a lot of modern rock/metal, along with some classic rock, such as Boston and AC/DC. I will be using pedals to get tones from these bands. and price isn't too much of an option, although try to keep it reasonable.

1.) Simply make suggestions/give additional information :P
2.) How many will I need, or does it depend on the head?
3.) Should I have a professional change the tubes?

That's it for now, but i'm almost positive more will arise.
I'd recommend JJ's or Sovteks.

Make sure they are biased, and well, buy as many as the amp has. I'm not sure how much the amp actually has in it (although it can't be more than four).

If you're not good with electronics, definitely get a pro to change them for you.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
Quote by djszkoda
I'd recommend JJ's or Sovteks.

Make sure they are biased, and well, buy as many as the amp has. I'm not sure how much the amp actually has in it (although it can't be more than four).

If you're not good with electronics, definitely get a pro to change them for you.

Does the model matter? (I'm sure it does) and I'm pretty sure I'll want all the tubes to be the same.
Well, the BH5H has an EL84 power tube and a 12AX7 preamp tube. If you replace them, you have to get the same type.

Out of all honesty, when replacing just a single power and preamp tube, I'm not sure if they have to be balanced or not.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
I don't think you need to bias or anything if replacing with another 12AX7 - I didn't.

I just put in a Sovtek 12AX7 literally 20 minutes ago.
Last edited by AcousticLesPaul at Jan 24, 2009,
Yeap, you should be fine.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Quote by SchecterZV
Does the model matter? (I'm sure it does) and I'm pretty sure I'll want all the tubes to be the same.

JJ EL84, Tung Sol 12AX7.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores