im just curious as to what it takes to build an acoustic guitar. how much of it can you do yourself and how much should i expect to spend if i decided to do it
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
I'm not an experienced luthier by any means, but I know that acoustics are definitely harder to build than solid bodies, so if this is your first... Maybe try a semi hollow electric? But I've never tried building an acoustic, so I can't really speak to just how difficult
Quote by tjfishrocker
Coolcat i want to make love to you right now.

Quote by Natrone

Anyone else see the irony in smashing a guitar that says "peace and love" ?
If you are asking how hard it will be, its probably to hard for you. Sorry.
If you really want to learn a bit, check out stew mac.
Epiphone Valve Junior
Peavy Windsor Head
Ampeg J-12T
1959 Harmony H400A
Randall Pro-Tube 2000

Gibson Faded Special SG
Homemade superstrat with EMG 81
Peavy Tracer
Washburn XB600 6-string bass
Enough pedals to crush a rhino
Acoustic guitars are a lot harder to build than electrics. I am starting one tomorrow, I'm building all the jigs today. Everything could be done yourself but I really wouldn't try doing it unless you had good woodworking skills. As far as how much it costs I have spent close to $300 parts and some tools I didn't have and that 's not including wood.
I hope you like sanding and waiting. Those are the two worst parts and the two that fill most of the time. I'd find a couple books on guitar building and do a little research. Good luck. I have build a few if you want to check my profile.