i cant get the arpeggio to sound clear....even when i am playing to slow

http://freelicks.net/Fade_to_black2.htm

i have been using this to learn the song but i just cant get it the timing that he has or get it sound clear like he does..also it sounds like he puts extra notes in the arpeggio and it is really confusing me any suggestions on how to play this clearly?
Squirrels>all other animals group

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
some of it is raking (playing muted notes on multiple strings on a downstroke normally), and it does sound much better if you're using a chorus or just have amazing tone
Quote by edgeyyz
some of it is raking (playing muted notes on multiple strings on a downstroke normally), and it does sound much better if you're using a chorus or just have amazing tone

i am playing unplugged right now
Squirrels>all other animals group

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
that is the correct way to play it there is no extra notes he plays it with a chorus pedal or flange so that could be ur prob. otherwise keep practicing its pretty easy when u get the timing.
I read an article and he said he had his wah pedal on. The tab book says use a chorus or flanger but It sounds good just with the wah on and a distortion pedal. and yes practice is key too Im a big fan of the intro also and my damn pinky finger is screwing me over.(not relitive but thought i'd comment about my hate for it)
Just practice more.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??