When my strings are on my floyd rose is a little bit higher then i'd like it to.

Yes, they are the right gauge strings, and it's not majorly high. It's just a little bit higher... it's still playable and everything, it's just something that's bugging me. and i'm beginning to think it's the way i'm putting them on. Any tips on this, or anybody have issues like this?

Could I just tighten the screws into the body more to pull the floyd rose back? Or would this crack the body or put pressure on it?
use the screws.

EDIT: this will help you. its for Ibanez floyds but it applies to all floating trems.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/angle.htm
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Last edited by f22master at Jan 24, 2009,
they are not on that pic. they are in the back of the guitar.

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
are you saying the strings are two high off the fretboard? or the bridge itself is pulling too far forward?

http://www.floydrose.com/originaltremolo.html

for the first one:
Step 8:
When tuning is complete, check the action of the strings off the neck. If your action is to high or to low, adjust the action with the two rocker screws (bridge pivot screws) using the 3mm Allen wrench. This adjustment will slightly change your tuning. If your fine tuners run out of range you must repeat steps 1 through 7.

if it's the second one:

Step 6:
When the strings are at the desired pitch, check to see if the bridge base plate is sitting parallel with the top surface of the guitar. If the base plate is tilted forward away from the body, you must tighten the tremolo springs tension by turning the spring claw screws clockwise and repeat step 4. If the base plate is tilted back toward the body, you must loosen the tremolo springs tension by turning the spring claw screws counterclockwise and repeat step 4. [Step 6 only needs to be done on initial setup of the bridge or if you change to another gauge of strings or change to a different tuning.
Is the bridge leaning forward or back? Or is it level? If it's level, you use the mounting screws on the front of the guitar that the knife edges are against and lower them a bit to lower the action. Also, check your neck to see if there's a bow, that could cause high action too.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
Is the bridge leaning forward or back? Or is it level? If it's level, you use the mounting screws on the front of the guitar that the knife edges are against and lower them a bit to lower the action. Also, check your neck to see if there's a bow, that could cause high action too.

I just read over my first post and understand why some people are confused, idk what i was saying haha.

The string action is fine, the bridge is just pulling too far away from the body.
then turn the screws clocwise. it is fine to turn them. it wont hurt any thing. tighten springs, retune, check bridge angle, adjust acordingly.

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B