Well I just finished watching a clip of Jimi burning and crashing his good ol' guitar at the Monterey festival (after excessive whammy jerking and unprotected sex with it)...

Its pretty frickin fun to watch, but what the hell ??It doesnt seem like it was a cheap squire, more like a customized one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMTSPx7dNBE&feature=related

EDIT : Of Course, R.I.P. King of Rock

Quote by BigNose
I have one night stand next to my bed, I keep a glass of water on it!

BADOOM TCHH!

... I also float a little boat made of fail in it.

Make LOVE
*******NOT
*******WAR
Last edited by Freesmalta at Jan 24, 2009,
R.I.P. Hendrix?
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.

Quote by zwound
Win

Quote by __Pent__

^^Too bad I can't do this in real life
Jimi was fortunate enough to be able to afford to smash a guitar onstage, where I stand with my bank manager I'd have a hard time breaking a guitar hero controller let alone a cheap ass guitar! lol
Coming to think of it, :

I guess this is why they don't care about their guitars??Slash's surrounded lol

Quote by BigNose
I have one night stand next to my bed, I keep a glass of water on it!

BADOOM TCHH!

... I also float a little boat made of fail in it.

Make LOVE
*******NOT
*******WAR
Either way, he fucked that shit up.

EDIT: WTF, JIMI HENDRIX IS DEAD?!?
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Last edited by [x]Huffy[x] at Jan 24, 2009,
Quote by Freesmalta
Well I just finished watching a clip of Jimi burning and crashing his good ol' guitar at the Monterey festival (after excessive whammy jerking and unprotected sex with it)...

Its pretty frickin fun to watch, but what the hell ??It doesnt seem like it was a cheap squire, more like a customized one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMTSPx7dNBE&feature=related

EDIT : Of Course, R.I.P. King of Rock

He's... he's dead
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Either way, he fucked that shit up.

EDIT: WTF, JIMI HENDRIX IS DEAD?!?

May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by Freesmalta

It doesnt seem like it was a cheap squire, more like a customized one..

b4 the show hendrix haind painted that strat specifically for sacrifice. the who won the coin toss as to who was goin on stage first. and they trashed the stage. so, hendrix says, "ok, i can top that." he drops some acid and by the time he reaches the last song "wild thing", he's tripping like hell {hints to the speech right b4 he started playing wild thing} and at the end, he lets it all loose.

complete classic history.
Quote by FenderPhone
b4 the show hendrix haind painted that strat specifically for sacrifice. the who won the coin toss as to who was goin on stage first. and they trashed the stage. so, hendrix says, "ok, i can top that." he drops some acid and by the time he reaches the last song "wild thing", he's tripping like hell {hints to the speech right b4 he started playing wild thing} and at the end, he lets it all loose.

complete classic history.

interesting story.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps

Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

1. Squier didn't even exist at the time
2. He didn't destroy it simply for the sake of destroying it. It was a display of anti-materialism. He was trying to show that no matter how much a material object may mean to you it's still ONLY a material object.
Quote by david_highland
2. He didn't destroy it simply for the sake of destroying it. It was a display of anti-materialism. He was trying to show that no matter how much a material object may mean to you it's still ONLY a material object.

You're reading into it far too much.

The fact is, he was tripping out and thought it was a good idea at the time.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

Looks like he was right, his trip is still making conversation today, I can't really imagine that being the case of Pete Doherty in 2040!
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']You're reading into it far too much.

exactly. and he wanted to put on a better ending than the who.

I won't dispute the events that influenced his decision, I know he was probably tripping pretty badly, but I refuse to believe it was a meaningless act. The whole problem with this is that Jimi isn't around for us to ask, but no matter because meaning was derived from Jimi burning his guitar and that's not something I would let go of even if I was wrong.
hu is hendricks???

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana

He actually had the idea before he dropped acid, someone mentioned that it would be cool if he did, and he told his manager to go get some oil.

as I said be fore, he was quoted as saying "you sacrifice things you love, I sacrificed my guitar"
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Last edited by iantheman at Jan 24, 2009,
Of course it was a nice guitar. Jimi even says before he ****s it up completely that he loves it.

Its a beautiful depiction of epic self destruction and rock n rolls "live fast die young" rule; plus Jimi was a God in human form so...

edit - And Jimi had access to as many guitars as he wanted or needed. Kinda like most of us and picks.