Poll: Which one?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one?
Fender HSS Stratocaster Standard (Mexican)
9 39%
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
3 13%
Epiphone SG
4 17%
Fender Telecaster Standard
7 30%
Voters: 23.
...should I buy?

I tried all of them, and I liked them all.

Poll coming.

EDIT:

Epi has the Pearl jam grunge I'm looking for.

Fenders have the Nirvana grunge I'm also looking for.

SO WHICH ONE??

Oh yeah, and I have a Line 6 Spider III amp..
Last edited by joshua122593 at Jan 24, 2009,
Genres?
Artist(s)?
Artist tone(s) you want?
Other pieces of gear?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
You like Nirvana so...I'm just going to say get the Tele because they aren't as common as strats, are dead sexy (depending on the color), and good for most everything.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
You won't have that "grunge" with a Spider, sorry.

I'd get the HSS Strat.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by TehMasterSword
I'm just going to say get the Tele because they aren't as common as strats,.
Actually right now sales of Fender Telecasters have been nearly double that of Fender Stratocasters. They're the biggest selling type of guitar right now.

Anyhoo, there are two things to consider:
  • They're all very different guitars. Two are 24.75" scale, two are 25.5" scale, the Strat has a vibrato bridge, the SG has better fret access, the Tele has that 'Tele twang', the LP will most likely have better sustain and presence. Each will feel different and will be different weights and sound very different. You tried and liked them all? Great, now you've got to work out which features are most important to you. Don't use a vibrato bar and need top fret access? Get the SG. Want some country twang and not too much bottom-end in your tone? Get the Tele and leave the LP alone. Want to go from hard rock bridge lead tones to smooth clear neck tones? Leave the Tele alone and get the Strat.
  • Your amp makes a bigger difference to your tone than anything, and with a Line 6 Spider III, you're not going to get the best out of any of those guitars. It would be very wise of you to change your amp first and put more of your money into that.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Actually right now sales of Fender Telecasters have been nearly double that of Fender Stratocasters. They're the biggest selling type of guitar right now.

Really? I guess its just that none of the ass hats in my area buy them, so I had no idea. Good to know people are appreciating the masterpiece.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Go for the HSS strat. It'll sound pretty good for Nirvana, and you have the humbucker for Pearl Jam stuff. And get a better amp. I don't know what either of those bands used amp-wise, but fender makes fantastic amps.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
Quote by TehMasterSword
Really? I guess its just that none of the ass hats in my area buy them, so I had no idea. Good to know people are appreciating the masterpiece.
It's not so much 'appreciating the masterpiece'. It's more that the trendy thing to do these days is to buy a Telecaster, have it right up to your armpits, and strum random barre chords as fast as possible while convulsing as if you're having a seizure. The current flood of fake-indie pop rockers love it. Chances are if their name is 'The [something]' and they have floppy haircuts then they'll be doing this.

Thing is though most don't go for the Tele for any reason other than 'it's what all the bands use'. It's like a repeat of Kramers in the 80's. The Hoosiers are probably the best example of this ringdickery; rather than use a Les Paul or SG to get the sound they wanted, the guitarist had a Telecaster shaped guitar made with a copy of a Tele headstock, but made out of mahogany, 24.75" scale thick neck, two humbuckers, LP style controls. It even had a fake pickguard put on (the guitar itself was rear-routed). They did it literally just for the shape, because the shape's cool. Before they had a record deal they were just using regular Les Pauls.

It all rather makes me rage. I like Telecasters but I can't stand the ****wits raping their image and reputation.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.