So I just recorded a cover of Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and I'm a little nervous about sharing it because it's one of those songs that you don't want to **** up 'cause it has such a following. I tried to put my own spin on it. My voice kinda goes out a little toward the end. I'm not sure if I like that or not. It gives it a little charm, but idk. Let me know what you think. The song is on my MySpace page. Hope you enjoy it.

And don't forget to leave a link to a song or cover of yours so I can comment on it!
you killed the grunge... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

no in all seriousness it was good, but being as grunge is my favorite syle of music... i hate you -.-
Quote by Cockpuncher 2.0
Congradulations, you are a genious even if you are intoxicated.

Quote by Godsmack_IV
lucky bastard and your knowlegde of chemical engineering...

Quote by FortuneFaded
you guys are geniuses.

Quote by tonedeafidiot
^That is genius!

:stickpoke why dose yellow hate blue? WHY!
Woah, that didn't sound like the song at first. Your voice is really similar to Cobain's. I like hoe you didn't blatantly copy the song and put in your own personal influence.
If I were to change one thing about it, it would be a little more feeling in the vocals. That was the whole point of that song.
Great cover, man!

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/domino_92/music/all/play467778 (C4C?)
Very nice...usually, I don't enjoy this kind of style of music (not grunge, the more acoustic-y stuff) but your voice had enough of a natural "gruffiness" to it that really helped convey the emotions. If you put just a bit more feeling into it, though, especially in the chorus, it will sound like gold. Good work.

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1053347
I thought it was a great cover man and thats coming from a pretty big Nirvana fan. Now granted I really like acoustic music too but still great job, great arrangement and great voice.
That was brilliant!!

It was really well done and definitely one of the best cover I heard of it so far! It's not an easy song to cover because well lol it's wasy to **** up on and have fans tear you down haha. But this was really well done and I like your version a lot!
Thanks everyone for taking the time to listen...

1337Gu1tar - haha, that's exactly the reaction I was afraid of. The reason I changed it up is because I couldn't pull off the original arrangement. I also wanted to show people how beautiful this song really is. The original version is amazing (in my opinion) but to some people it's just noise. That's what I was hoping to accomplish with my cover.
curlyhead_P - I checked out you myspace and the tracks are definitely well produced. I'm not a big fan of the style, but I can appreciate the hard work and talent it takes to produce any style of music. And if they played songs that sounded like the first two you have on your player on urban radio, I probably wouldn't mind listening to it as much when my brother wants to blast it in the car. WAIT! I just listened to the rest of the tracks, and I'm in love with Basement 4. Now that sounds like something I'd listen to. Awesome playing man! And if you'd like to leave a link to a thread about your music, I'd be happy to move my crit there (to bump your thread). Thanks for listening to my cover. It means a lot to me.

Osiris77 - Thanks. I'm glad you liked it. I'm glad you liked the arrangement. I'm actually working on a multitracked version so i'll be adding a few more things to give the song more backbone. I took a listen to your tunes. I really liked "Fall". I'm not sure if you wrote it or not, but it sounds like something I'd write. It's a really catchy tune. If you leave a link to a thread about your tunes I'll happily post my crit there.
femme fatale - Yeah, this song is pretty easy to mess up. I think a lot of people try to sound like Kurt, but they can't. He's untouchable. Wasn't the most gifted singer, but he was unique. I'm glad you liked it.

abluesman100 - Sometimes it seems like I'm one of the only strictly acoustic players around here. I have nothing against the electric, I just don't own one yet. Maybe I should get one? I crited your track. Thanks for listening.

cMoni Move - gee, thanks! If you've got something you want me to crit just let me know. I'd be happy to return the favor.

Thanks again to everyone who listened. I'll try to have a more polished version up soon.

AND SORRY ABOUT THE THREE POSTS IN A ROW. I TRIED TO REPLY TO EVERYONE IN ONE POST AND FOR WHATEVER REASON IT WOULDN'T TAKE. SO I DIVIDED IT UP. SORRY IF I'M BREAKING ANY RULE
It really depends what you are trying to play. If you wanna get more rock-sound, you need electric guitar. Or you could play the organ, both are fine. Just dont over do it, thats the one thing you have to be careful with when playing electric guitar, cuz you can easily get too caried away.
sup, my name is abe
yeah, I think I'd like an electric to accent some of my songs. A picked progression on electric sounds good over strummed chords on my acoustic. And I agree, it is easy to get carried away. But I don't think I'm skilled enough at guitar to get too carried away. haha.
You definally have an amazing voice. Could picture that voice doing alot of other acoustic covers.

Really sick of hearing teen spirit but this is so much more different that its again enjoyable.

Do more songs please
Great cover!
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

thanks for all the comments everyone. I appreciate it. Like I said, I'm working on a new version I hope to have up tomorrow. thanks again for all your encouragement.

Anthony

*And don't forget to leave links to your stuff. I'd love to hear it.