I didn't want to revive my dead thread, so here is a new one...

After owning my Blues Junior for a week, one of the ,I believe, preamp tubes went out.

I put brand new pre-amp tubes in, all three.
The amp will play now, but I have to crank the volume to even hear anything. There is also an annoyingly loud hum now.

Is it the power tubes?
This is upsetting me, I might have to send Wendy back

Help??
XBL-DeeSkank

Schecter C-1 Plus
Ibanez Gio GRX40

Kustom Coupe 36'

Fender AG-15
It could be the power tubes. You basically have three choices:

1. Replace the power tubes and hope that it starts working.
2. Send it back, and get a new one (or different amp if you don't want the Blues Junior anymore)
3. Take it to a tech to see if he/she can fix it.

I personally would just send it back and get a new one. It's not worth the trouble to do the other things IMO.

Also (I assume you did this before changing tubes but...), did you try changing cables and guitars, and plugging it into a different outlet and all that stuff?
Quote by GNRjungle87
It could be the power tubes. You basically have three choices:

1. Replace the power tubes and hope that it starts working.
2. Send it back, and get a new one (or different amp if you don't want the Blues Junior anymore)
3. Take it to a tech to see if he/she can fix it.

I personally would just send it back and get a new one. It's not worth the trouble to do the other things IMO.

Also (I assume you did this before changing tubes but...), did you try changing cables and guitars, and plugging it into a different outlet and all that stuff?

Yes, I tried two guitars, multiple cables, and a different outlet. :/

I tried the "pencil" trick to see if the power tubes were in fact dead, but there was just silence when I tapped them. No squeal or any sound at all.
XBL-DeeSkank

Schecter C-1 Plus
Ibanez Gio GRX40

Kustom Coupe 36'

Fender AG-15
Quote by Metalcore_slave
Yes, I tried two guitars, multiple cables, and a different outlet. :/

I tried the "pencil" trick to see if the power tubes were in fact dead, but there was just silence when I tapped them. No squeal or any sound at all.

Hmmm, weird. I would just send it back, like I said.
sounds like the power tubes are bad. don't spend money on new tubes and a bias adjustment if you just bought the amp. Send it back and get a new one.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by Swingjoint
what is the pencil trick?

Power up the amp, tap the power tubes with a pencil eraser.

If the tube is microphonic, it will make a sustained ring/squeal
XBL-DeeSkank

Schecter C-1 Plus
Ibanez Gio GRX40

Kustom Coupe 36'

Fender AG-15
^ No problem man

Looks like I'm just gonna have to send her back.
Thanks guys.
XBL-DeeSkank

Schecter C-1 Plus
Ibanez Gio GRX40

Kustom Coupe 36'

Fender AG-15
i had the same problem with my classic 30, i replaced all of the power valves cos they were dying and re-biased and all that, and now i have to crank to hear anything and there is a distinct lack of bass, so i have to scoop out the treble and mids to get a nice bassy sound than before. had the amp for about 1 year now, no other problems. anyone know what could be the problem?