Is it very hard to do? I'd like to know if there are any actual slap guitarists that are any good at it and how long it took them.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
I didnt have anything planned out, and I didn't know **** about improvising, so it was like "OH SHI- SOLO TIME" so I kerry-kinged it.
Try it and see if it's hard for you. But yeah, some guitarists do it, if that's your question.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
It's harder than bass but that's all I know. I haven't really tried it.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Quote by Jacob6293
It's harder than bass but that's all I know. I haven't really tried it.

Mostly becuase of the distance between the strings being smaller and the tension of the strings being lighter.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by Micehorns
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vdJvHE8qxA&feature=PlayList&p=3A8D8883AD1BF83B&playnext=1&index=72

Victor and his brother playing. The percussive nature of slapping suits a bass better, in my opinion. That's how it started on bass. Guitar just doesnt have the drum like thump (A muted E string on bass for example is very bass drum like).

Man do I love Victor Wooten's bass playing. Unreal. Makes me want to grab my bass every time I hear it.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you