my brother just bought a Fender P-Bass at the local pawn shop, which he's already cut up to make it look like a warlock. My question is, can we move the bridge up so that he could make the 'wings'?

thanks in advance!
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
You could do it, but be aware that it's going to mess with the scale of the guitar, and as such, the pitch of the instrument. I'm not 100%, but I think that'll make for some difficulty in fretting in tune, won't it?
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
ugh, can we see pictures of this thing
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
Quote by Invader Jim
You could move it closer to the neck, but you'd have to get a new neck of a different scale.

THAT'S what I was trying to get at.

So I wasn't wrong. Nice.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Intonation would be messed up. Tension would be messed up. And most importantly...you cut up a Fender P bass? If it's a MIJ or a MIA I will cry and have a mental breakdown. Pictures please.....
Quote by Micehorns
Intonation would be messed up. Tension would be messed up. And most importantly...you cut up a Fender P bass? If it's a MIJ or a MIA I will cry and have a mental breakdown. Pictures please.....

BUT NOW IT LOOKS LIKE A BC RICH!!

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
BUT NOW IT LOOKS LIKE A BC RICH!!

That is going in the wrong direction in the look department.
this kind of stuff makes me feel almost not stupid for owning a warlock xD. so glad im playing schecters now ><
Quote by jackofclubs
buying a bcrich was the worst thing i ever did.... ever xD

YOU buying a BC Rich was the worst thing that I ever did. That's how bad it is.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
ok, i lied. its actually a cheap POS P-bass copy he bought for $30 on eBay. I just wanted to see the reactions to a P-bass being cut up. he is cutting it up though, and that was an honest question. he isnt gonna move the bridge after reading the replies. Thanks for the advice.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Last edited by Angus_Junior35 at Jan 24, 2009,
Quote by Angus_Junior35
ok, i lied. its actually a cheap POS P-bass copy he bought for $30 on eBay. I just wanted to see the reactions to a P-bass being cut up. he is cutting it up though, and that was an honest question. he isnt gonna move the bridge after reading the replies. Thanks for the advice.

That was complete BS. Nice try.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by Angus_Junior35
ok, i lied. its actually a cheap POS P-bass copy he bought for $30 on eBay. I just wanted to see the reactions to a P-bass being cut up. he is cutting it up though, and that was an honest question. he isnt gonna move the bridge after reading the replies. Thanks for the advice

....That was an anti climax.

But I still wanna see pictures, I'm actually interested in seeing this now

EDIT : Bloody text size.
Quote by Invader Jim
Big annoying text is big and annoying. Bad troll is bad.

I am not sure if troll refers to me or in in this case, normally I would assume yes, as I do troll alot on these forums, but I am not sure.
Quote by PainIsPower
I am not sure if troll refers to me or in in this case, normally I would assume yes, as I do troll alot on these forums, but I am not sure.

Ahem, I think he was talking about the troll who used large text; Angus_Junior35.
Quote by Micehorns
Ahem, I think he was talking about the troll who used large text; Angus_Junior35.

Yay! its not me for once, ahah
sorry, needed to get your attention. i will post pics after we're done. btw, not trolling
Quote by silhouettica

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by strat0blaster
YOU buying a BC Rich was the worst thing that I ever did. That's how bad it is.

Tbh it was the worst thing my mom ever did. I think its about 1 step from being mental abuse... xD