I have been thinking about putting a delay pedal in my guitar, I'm curious to see if anyone has done it before, or has any idea on the sorts of things that would need to be done to mount one.
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
That sounds awesome. All you'd really need to do is make sure you can change the batter and put it between your pickups and output jack I think. I think it'd be pretty simple.
firstly yes. secondly check out the korg chaos pad. its like a multi FX that you can control two knobs on with the touch of one finger. (imagine a square touch screen and up and down is one knob and left and right is another, for example gain and volume and you could make swells or clean passages with extreme distortion sustain at the end by moving your finger around it, or use it to control delay time and repeats, just imagine that flashback inducing..., or a million other combos) as for mounting it and even keeping it removable at the same time just use some velcro with adhesive on one side. it might be a good idea for you to feel bad about the guitars finish at that point though. there have been a couple of players that ive seen use it but im sorry to say i cant remember their names or will myself to look them up for you right now. sweet concept but dont do it to a gibson or something crazy like that.
Quote by Invader Jim
Ultimate wiring diagram thread (sig).

First page, second-ish post. Has a diagram for putting pedals into guitars.

i cant find it
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
firstly yes. secondly check out the korg chaos pad. its like a multi FX that you can control two knobs on with the touch of one finger. (imagine a square touch screen and up and down is one knob and left and right is another, for example gain and volume and you could make swells or clean passages with extreme distortion sustain at the end by moving your finger around it, or use it to control delay time and repeats, just imagine that flashback inducing..., or a million other combos) as for mounting it and even keeping it removable at the same time just use some velcro with adhesive on one side. it might be a good idea for you to feel bad about the guitars finish at that point though. there have been a couple of players that ive seen use it but im sorry to say i cant remember their names or will myself to look them up for you right now. sweet concept but dont do it to a gibson or something crazy like that.

yeah, I was actually looking at putting one in, but it wont fit

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Invader Jim
The link is in my sig. Look at the second post of the thread. What's to look for?

i dont see anything about a pedal in that page.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by Invader Jim
Ultimate wiring diagram thread (sig).

First page, second-ish post. Has a diagram for putting pedals into guitars.

thanks man, couple of questions, what does SPDT stand fo? and with that diagram, I notice that there are three grounds going to the output jack, as far as I can tell my guitar jack only has two grounds, or is the third ground the part that the cable touches?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by conor1148
i dont see anything about a pedal in that page.

there's a thing on wiring in pedals in the second post.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
PLease take any other qestions to the UWD thread. That's why I made it.

SPDT means Single-Pole, Dual-Throw. It's a 2-position on-on switch.

The jack in your guitar is mono. To have the input power switching (like a pedal), you need a stereo jack like in the diagram.

T means Tip (hot). R means Ring (the other hot on a stereo plug). S means Sleeve (ground. Your mono jack only has T and S. R and S of a stereo jack are wired as a SPST switch to break a batterey wire with no plug inserted to save juice.

Again, any more questions should go to the UWD thread.