For my school jazz band this year i get to finally play guitar for school (yayz), now the problem is im just playing through a regular speaker (i guess for like a PA? im looking for it on the web and cant find anything) that doesnt not have any "feel to the sound" it sounds really boring and the lows and mids are sorta muddy.

Is there any sort of effect i can use to make this speaker sound more like a real guitar amp? this speaker is my only option for an amp because any other option would be to bring my amp to school for every practice and performance and back again which would be next to impossible in my mustang, if possible at all.

any help would be appreciated, *puts on flame suit*
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
what exactly does an Eq do?

im googling..

im really a noob to effects, i dont own any pedals. ive just screwed around with the presets on my amp for the past two years.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Get a small amount of overdrive going there, VERY small amount. Or get a direct box, and then you could add Chorus for some Jazz sound.
Schecter Synyster custom

Washburn custom ( I remodeled)

Yamaha custom

VOX AC-30

Crate GFX-130-c

Morley Mark Tremonti Wah

How many vegetarians does it take to eat a cow?

One if no one is looking.
Get an equalizer and play with it until u get a sound that u like. Can't say any eq settings without knowing the speakers that u r talking about.

Danelectro's eq is the best u can get below 100$. And its only 25$.
pasting this from this thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1053684&highlight=heminder

EQs are amazing and very underrated...
cut and boost specific frequency into overdrive or hush...
you can shape any sound you want...
it's great for a solo boost if you're on stage...

i own both the Fish & Chips and the MXR 10-Band and they're both very good...
the Danelectro is a bargain for what it can do...
though it compresses slightly (even on bypass) and not quite as transparent as the MXR...

the Boss GE-7 to me is just a repackaged Fish & Chips...
:P
awesome, thanks guys. i found it.

ill be heading to guitarcenter monday
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

well the 5 guitarist in our jazz band + the 2 bass players all use regular amps. you shouldn't have any problems using the clean channel and the distortion channel off of the amp. unless you're not allowed to use an actual guitar amp.
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Quote by F8iscruel
well the 5 guitarist in our jazz band + the 2 bass players all use regular amps. you shouldn't have any problems using the clean channel and the distortion channel off of the amp. unless you're not allowed to use an actual guitar amp.

its just a speaker, not a guitar amp at all.

basically a speaker with about 7 inputs and i think a volume for each. thats pretty much it.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by conor1148
its just a speaker, not a guitar amp at all.

basically a speaker with about 7 inputs and i think a volume for each. thats pretty much it.

sorry i didnt clarify, you should use your amp if you have one. that way you know what your working with. unless you want to use that PA then get an equalizer like they said
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
I'd suggest you look into a modeler. For modelers I always suggest looking at Digitech, if you want something small and inexpensive, then look into the RP series.

An eq by it's self if just going to make things worse, especially if you don't know what your doing. Modelers are made to model different amps and speaker cabs, that's what you need when you're going straight into a PA. I don't have too much esperience with direct boxes but I think they are pretty limited in what they can do.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -