I actually recorded this a while ago but only added the lyrics more recently. Still working on my vocals. Two main guitars sounds on this one. My Dean through a Rocktron Voodu Valce and Carvin TS100 into a Texas Heat (Left Side). And my Washburn Stealth into a Roland MICRO CUBE lol, mic'd up of course.

Let me know what you guys think. As always C4C for sure if you leave a link!
Thanks!

http://supersonicsymphony.com/?p=91

EDIT:
I also just recorded a new one last night (instrumental), I'm not to happy with the solos but I like the rhythm guitar. Not gonna start a whole new thread for it however.

http://supersonicsymphony.com/?p=93
Last edited by JohnnyLovesYou at Jan 26, 2009,
Critiquing as it plays:

The intro..note..is over played. The tremelo picked one. It is unnecessarily long.
Your vocals sound like pop-punk meets the Ramones meets Iron Maiden. Which is kind of wierd, but cool.
The bass licks are pretty cool. I can actually hear the bass for once!
The riffs are pretty decent.
The drum beats are kind to basic, almost like a click track unfortunately
The solo at like 1:45 is pretty sweet, nice tone.

Overall, the song is pretty decent. It seems too repetative for my tastes. Lyrically, its not the best; but that is because I hold it up to the standards of lyrical masterpieces. Your solos are really what shine throughout this song, though, as well as your bass work. Your rhythm guitar is not "bad", but its tone kind of leaves a lot to be desired. I kind of felt like something was missing from the track, despite it having so much put into it. It was almost kind of airy, as if all the right elements were there (solid riffs, good solos, decent guitar tone, good vocals) but they just didn't mesh.

Hope that was a decent critique, thanks for yours on mine!
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
thanks for critiquing my track. I have to agree with Ulalume, after listening a few times, the only thing I can say is that the drumming and lyrics are kinda simple, (cos I'm used to listening to tool. lol)

Well other than that, the tone is cool the vocals were OK. awesome solos.

*Puts song on iPod*
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Thanks for your crit man. I gotta say this is a nice track to hear compared to a lot of what I run into. The rhythm guitar riffs sound a lot better than most stuff I hear on the radio these days. The bass lines were cool but at other times they did throw me off. Drums sound alright, nothing too special. The lead work was really good, and in particular the longer segments without vocals I really liked. Don't take it the wrong way, I'm just more of a fan of instrumental music than vocals.

Well played and well written, keep it up!
I also just added another song, an instrumental to the first post in case anyone wants to check that out as well.

Your rhythm guitar is not "bad", but its tone kind of leaves a lot to be desired

Yeah, I was going to go and re-record the part I did with the micro cube and add some rhythm layers but I lost the original file. I WILL re-record this fo sure, especialy since I've been working on my vocals a lot lately.

I kept them basic so that they didn't busy up the song considering the more active rhythm guitar work and fit with the more simpler vocal melodies. I think the real issue is getting them to sound less sterile, with more of a human element. Electronic drums are great, but they aren't so fun to program.

*Puts song on iPod*

Awesome, that is so cool!!
Last edited by JohnnyLovesYou at Jan 26, 2009,
This is certainly an interesting blend of stuff. I like the vocals. The guitar tones come in pretty clearly, and the playing is pretty good. A few bits of lagging behind on the basslines, but the idea is there. You also did a pretty good job on programming the drums. There's only a roll or two where it sounds obvious that it's programmed.

I don't actually have a thread up at the moment, but you're most welcome to listen to the stuff on my page and comment on it there.

You also did a pretty good job on programming the drums. There's only a roll or two where it sounds obvious that it's programmed.

Does anyone have any good experience programming drums? I think the "bad" drum parts are parts that I made up myself and the good parts are ideas I stole from Mike Menza's stuff from Megadeth. Does anyone have any tips or anything?
Not a fan of the guitar tone on this one.. The vocals are weird o.O. Not bad weird, just weird weird, I havent heard much similar to them personnally though, so... Tremolo picking at the start lasted too long and just sounded like noise. Liked the instrumentals. Drumming is REALLY basic. You could try guitar pro's drums, put em on RSE, and put human playing up a bit to make it sound more natural.
Just fix the drums, the guitar tone and your mostly set.

btw.. Love what you did on Mask of Hector btw, its on my mp3.

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1056282
Quote by steven seagull
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
+1

You should always listen to this bird-man-woman-thing.

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

What the fuck man!? That's SWEET

I think I might actually use that!

Quote by Ulalume
Critiquing as it plays:

The intro..note..is over played. The tremelo picked one. It is unnecessarily long.
Your vocals sound like pop-punk meets the Ramones meets Iron Maiden. Which is kind of wierd, but cool.
The bass licks are pretty cool. I can actually hear the bass for once!
The riffs are pretty decent.
The solo at like 1:45 is pretty sweet, nice tone.

You forgot david gilmour's vocals (at leat at the beginning)

Good ****
Hey man, haven't really got anything to add that the others haven't said, so i'll just re-iterate key points :p
- Tone doesn't really do it for me either, but thats largely personal taste.
- There is a little too much echo on the vocal for my liking, which is only a shame because your singing is great. If you've been working on that i really look forward to hearing what you're doing now!
- Apart from the tone, lead guitar is great, really stands out
- agree with the others, repeated note at the beginning is a bit long

On the whole yeah, a great song. Mixing lots of different influences obviously, very original i think.

Would love some C4C from you mate, https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1086564