Hey guys,

I went to a guitar center today and found this Gibson SG Diablo, and it was only $1349 and the original price was $2600. It played awesome, had 24 frets and looked amazing, so I play the downpayment of $100 so I can purchase it at a later time without someone else getting it.

I Really like the guitar, but the thing is that the guitar has been there since last january, so it's been there for well over a year, and therefore it has accumulated a lot of dings scratches and dents, but there are no wood chips or has any missing paint.

So can i bring it somewhere or do something to get rid of them? it's a nitrocellulose finish by the way.

Thanks in advance
Quote by Nexium
Ive accidently busted my nut.
Not really, nitro is an inherently soft finish and it will chip and weather easily - arguably that's a big part of it's charm.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
For that price on such an expensive guitar I would gladly overlook a couple bumps and bruises.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

1. A guitar's wear is part of it's good looks. A tweed suit isn't a tweed suit without those patches on the elbows.(Crap analogy, I know. But hey.)
2. It's going to get them anyway. Take them now and get money off.
3. What Pr0gNut said.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Exactly. Everytime I see a guitar that's been beat up a little, I think to myself "Now that's an instrument that's well loved, and not owned by any Jonas Brother tool"

Of course, each to their own =]
I understand how scratches and dings give a guitar character,but I don;t like the idea of all of them being cause by somebody else that i don't even know, it could be a hobo for all i know.

So i can't get it fixed up, right?
Quote by Nexium
How much is it to carve the frets of a guitar down?
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

you should make sure that guitar's neck is perfect. it's been on the wall and obviously knocked around by a bunch of kids for a hell of a long time.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
No. It isn;t beaten to hell, it just has a lot scratch on the back due to belt buckles and on the side due to the zippers of jackets. and there's also a few pick scratches
Quote by Nexium
Quote by chriskhng
I understand how scratches and dings give a guitar character,but I don;t like the idea of all of them being cause by somebody else that i don't even know, it could be a hobo for all i know.

You my friend, are an arsehole.

You can't really get the scratches off, give it a polish and forget about it. You will only give it more scratches yourself, so what is the big deal?

What everybody else has said is correct. So listen to them.
Last edited by ze monsta at Jan 25, 2009,
Quote by ze monsta
You my friend, are an arsehole.

You can't really get the scratches off, give it a polish and forget about it. You will only give it more scratches yourself, so what is the big deal?

What everybody else has said is correct. So listen to them.

Hey, who the **** are you?

I'm asking whether you can or can not. Not whether one of you will wipe the **** off my ass.
Quote by Nexium
The scratches and the fact it has been there a year could be why it is cheaper than normal. The only people that can answer your question are the guys in the store. Ask them politely if they would give you a better price because of the scratches.
Theres some people who would (and do) pay many thousands more for an instrument thats been made to look a little beaten up. Personally I'd take it over a shiny gay new one even if they were at the same price.

what does it matter if a 'hobo' caused them? grow up.
I said Hobo to show that ANYBODY can cause those dents.

I don't give a **** whether you like a "shiny gay one" or a guitar with a baseball bat taken to it.

My question was whether there is a way to take the scratches away, not whether you like a guitar with **** on it or a brand new one.
Quote by Nexium
dude. we get the point. now act like an adut and stp swearing in every post. scratches are scratches. unless u want to get it refinished, your not going to get a scratch out.
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
Quote by chriskhng

So i can't get it fixed up, right?

...The hell? What difference does it make who bumps it against a wall?

Not really. You could pay someone to do so, but if you do IMO you don't deserve that nice a guitar.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
lose the attitude kid, it doesn't do you any favours.

And no, as has been repeatedly said, you won't get the dents out without refinishing the guitar.