Hey guys, I have a 65 twin reverb reissue....

recently, my amps been getting horrible feedback it wasn't getting before when i have my distortion/overdrives on (a Pro Co RAT, and a Digitech Bad Monkey)

this never happened before, and i notice its being caused mostly by the RAT.

what do you guys think the problem is. should i get a noise gate or what? i mean, i have my pedals running through a furman pedal board/power conditioner...
ISP Decimator, fixed the same problem with me on a peavey classic 30. Daisy chain the ISP after the RAT and it should fix. I didn't like the sound of the RAT pedal though so I ended up selling it. Try that though.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
Just turn off the pedals when you're not playing, like I've already said tonight, noise gates kill tone to the extreme, although it is less noticeable with the ISP Decimator that was suggested.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Noise gate is your best solution. Kills a little tone, but if you don't want the feedback it's worth it. I use one to control my feedback.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
no but its not even like controllable feedback.

its not the kind of feedback you can stop by putting your hand over the strings. its just a ridiculously loud hum...

and mmolteratx.... umm.. of course, but doesn't help much when you're playing.
Quote by highroller540
no but its not even like controllable feedback.

its not the kind of feedback you can stop by putting your hand over the strings. its just a ridiculously loud hum...

and mmolteratx.... umm.. of course, but doesn't help much when you're playing.

Oh, that's strange. When I usually play the sound of the guitar basically negates the feedback. There may be something else causing the feedback, or the gain may be set too high.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

wow this is an issue i have had exactly. i have a 65 twin and its a totally finicky when it comes to what gear you can put in front of it. certain things work, others dont. i cant use my tc electronics g major with it for example , i get the loud hum. i think its the vintage circuitry. i love the sound of the amp but im trying to sell it for this reason. me just makes random noises and stuff too, especially depending on the power source, and even when i use a power conditioner. for the studio- a great amp. for most practical and gigging purposes- not so much.
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
yeah, it might just be because of the gain...

im playing mostly like indie/punk (not with A LOT of distortion though. the rat settings are filter at about 2 o'clock/distortion at about 3 o clock, volume at about 3 o clock. the bad monkey has the treble and bass set midway, with the treble slightly more than the bass, full gain, and slightly less volume than the rat.

with the RAT AND THE BAD MONKEY both on at the same time, the feedback goes crazy.

the amp works fine with the RAT or Bad Monkey alone...
Quote by highroller540
yeah, it might just be because of the gain...

im playing mostly like indie/punk (not with A LOT of distortion though. the rat settings are filter at about 2 o'clock/distortion at about 3 o clock, volume at about 3 o clock. the bad monkey has the treble and bass set midway, with the treble slightly more than the bass, full gain, and slightly less volume than the rat.

with the RAT AND THE BAD MONKEY both on at the same time, the feedback goes crazy.

the amp works fine with the RAT or Bad Monkey alone...

It's probably because of the gain then. Or if the amp is older, a tube may be microphonic therefore amplifying the feedback even more.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

dude.
problem is the rat is cheaply made, and probably uses crappy ass components, making it noisy.
I noticed that with the ones that i used at guitar center.
they're rediculously noisy.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Not really supprised that the feedback goes crazy with them both on together. Try playing further away from your amp if you can. Also try reducing the volume on either the rat or bad monkey or maybe even both.